Pahlsson, Canucks get past JetsMar 9, 2012 - 6:55 AM
Ryan Kesler and Alexander Edler each scored for the Canucks, who snapped a two-game slide. Cory Schneider posted 30 saves in the win.
Vancouver holds a comfortable 18-point lead over Colorado for the top spot in the Northwest Division with 92 points and sits one point back of St. Louis for the top spot in the Western Conference and overall in the NHL.
Kyle Wellwood and Blake Wheeler each scored for the Jets, who had won their previous two. Ondrej Pavelec gave up all three goals on 45 shots in the loss.
"We didn't do what we've been doing in the last eight games and it showed," said Wheeler.
Winnipeg has 72 points and is tied with Washington for the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference, but the Capitals have one more win and a game in hand.
The contest had been tied since 6:28 into the third, but the Canucks took the lead for good when Kevin Bieksa left a drop pass for Pahlsson, who one-timed it home with 5:43 to play.
"It hasn't been going in for me lately so to get that one is big," said Pahlsson. "It's not my main role out there, but you want to get goals once in a while."
The first period passed scoreless and the Canucks were skating shorthanded early in the second, but that didn't stop them from taking the lead when Kesler shot the puck home from the left circle 1:44 in.
The Jets, though, tied the game with 4:38 left in the second after Wellwood got the puck in front and quickly got it past Schneider before slamming it in.
Winnipeg made it a 2-1 game 3:34 into the third after Wheeler skated down the right wing and cut to the front before lifting it over Schneider.
Vancouver, though, tied the contest three minutes later when Elder's shot from the left point hit off the stick of a Jet and went in.
Vancouver hosts Montreal on Saturday...Winnipeg plays in Calgary on Friday...Vancouver has won three straight over Winnipeg/Atlanta...Winnipeg was 0-for-3 on the power play and Vancouver was 0-for-1.
- WINNIPEG: 2
Mar 9 12:33 AM
- Vancouver Goal - Samuel Pahlsson (3), from Kevin Bieksa and Jannik Hansen at 14:17.
Jets 2, Canucks 3 3rd - 5:43Mar 9 12:19 AM
- Vancouver Goal - Alexander Edler (10), at 6:28.
Jets 2, Canucks 2 3rd - 13:32Mar 9 12:04 AM
- Winnipeg Goal - Blake Wheeler (16), at 3:34.
Jets 2, Canucks 1 3rd - 16:26Mar 8 11:59 PM
- WINNIPEG: 1
End of 2nd
Mar 8 11:37 PM
- Alexandre Burrows shot blocked by Grant Clitsome.
Jets 1, Canucks 1 2nd - 3:55Mar 8 11:32 PM
- Vancouver Short-Handed Goal - Ryan Kesler (20), at 1:44.
Jets 0, Canucks 1 2nd - 18:16Mar 8 11:05 PM
- WINNIPEG: 0
End of 1st
Mar 8 10:45 PM
- WINNIPEG: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 8 10:08 PM
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Apr 20
- Canucks sign North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher Apr 13
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 Apr 10
- Winnipeg Jets rally from 3 goals down to stun LA Kings 4-3 Apr 10
- Oilers-Canucks Preview Apr 8
- Jets-Kings Preview Apr 8
- Byfuglien scores late to give Jets 5-4 victory over Sharks Apr 8
- Mikael Backlund has first hat trick, Flames beat Canucks 7-3 Apr 8
- Wayne Gretzky, Oilers alumni and fans bid goodbye to Rexall Apr 7
- Canucks-Flames Preview Apr 6
- NHL Capsules Apr 6