Little lifts Jets past Panthers in OTFeb 6, 2013 - 4:47 AM
Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart also scored for Winnipeg, which snapped a three- game slide. Ondrej Pavelec made 17 saves.
Jonathan Huberdeau and Tomas Fleischmann supplied the offense, while Scott Clemmensen stopped 18 shots for the Panthers, who saw their two-game win streak come to an end.
"We felt we could have gotten the two points," Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said. "I thought we played a fairly solid road game. I think we did a lot of good things."
Little's game-winning goal came on the power play after Florida's Filip Kuba was whistled for tripping with 2:10 remaining in the extra period.
The Jets could not put together much offensive pressure during the man advantage as the Panthers kept clearing the puck out of their zone, but one of those clears led to a late rush, which saw Little receive a pass after breaking free in the slot.
He then fired a wrister past Clemmensen's glove and inside the right post for the deciding tally.
"It's nice to win after a tough road trip. but it would have been nice to get the two points clean," said Little. "I think it was a pretty sloppy game, but you know two is better than nothing, so I think we're pretty happy with that."
Huberdeau netted the lone goal of the first period with a one-timer off a big rebound in the left circle with 1:48 left in the frame.
Wheeler answered 2:28 into the second period after receiving a long outlet pass from Tobias Enstrom at the Florida blue line and ripping a slap shot from the right circle.
Fleischmann put Florida back on top over a minute later with a slap shot from the right point that sailed through a crowd and past Pavelec, but Winnipeg again responded with 7:39 left in the middle stanza with Stuart's wrister from the left point to knot the game at 2-2.
Both teams failed to capitalize on a power-play opportunity in a scoreless third period to force overtime.
Wheeler's goal was his 200th career point ... Enstrom's assist stretched his point streak to a career-high seven games. He has two goals and nine assists in the streak ... Winnipeg defenseman Dustin Byfuglien missed his third consecutive game with a lower body injury ... Panthers forward Peter Mueller had his four-game goal streak snapped.
- FLORIDA: 2
Final - OT
Feb 5 10:30 PM
- FLORIDA: 2
End of Regulation
Feb 5 10:22 PM
- FLORIDA: 2
End of 2nd
Feb 5 9:30 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Andrew Ladd, at 12:21.
Panthers 2, Jets 2 2nd - 7:39Feb 5 9:16 PM
- Florida Goal - Tomas Fleischmann (3), from Brian Campbell at 3:52.
Panthers 2, Jets 1 2nd - 16:08Feb 5 9:03 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Blake Wheeler, at 2:28.
Panthers 1, Jets 1 2nd - 17:32Feb 5 8:59 PM
- FLORIDA: 1
End of 1st
Feb 5 8:37 PM
- Florida Goal - Jonathan Huberdeau (3), at 18:12.
Panthers 1, Jets 0 1st - 1:48Feb 5 8:35 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Feb 5 8:11 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25