Streaking Jets fly past RangersMar 15, 2013 - 5:04 AM
Nik Antropov lit the lamp in the first period and Ondrej Pavelec stopped 28- of-29 shots for the Jets, who have won four of their last five games.
"I think we're getting some contributions from a lot of the players and I think a lot of the players are doing the right thing," said Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel.
Henrik Lundqvist made 30 saves and Ryan Callahan provided the lone offense for the Rangers, who have lost three of four.
Callahan pulled the visitors even with 71 seconds played in the second period, but Miettinen gave the Jets a one-goal lead once more by tipping in a Dustin Byfuglien point shot.
Ladd's one-timer beat a sliding Lundqvist but rang off the crossbar with just over nine minutes played in the third, then the visiting netminder made a nice pad stop on an Evander Kane break-out as the clock ticked down below three minutes remaining.
The Rangers pulled Lundqvist with more than a minute to go, and after Blake Wheeler controlled a loose puck in the neutral zone, he fed to Ladd, who flipped the clincher into an empty net with 38.7 seconds left.
"We had some chances that we didn't capitalize on, they scored a deflection goal to take a lead and we just didn't generate much offense in the third period," said Rangers head coach John Tortorella.
Antropov opened the scoring less than two minutes in, sliding the puck home on the backhand while facing away from the New York net.
Marian Gaborik was awarded a penalty shot at the 11:17 mark after only being lightly hooked from behind by Byfuglien, but Pavelec stood firm in the crease to stop his shot with the right pad.
Winnipeg has won both meetings this season after being swept in four straight by the Rangers last year ... For the second consecutive game, Antropov opened the scoring with a power-play goal ... The Jets improved to 10-4-1 this season when scoring the first goal of the game, and New York fell to 6-9-1 this season when allowing the first goal ... Pavelec faced his second penalty shot of the season, and made his first save. He surrendered a goal to Florida's Jonathan Huberdeau on Mar. 5.
- NEW YORK: 1
Mar 14 10:35 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Andrew Ladd (14), at 19:21.
Rangers 1, Jets 3 3rd - 0:39Mar 14 10:32 PM
- NEW YORK: 1
End of 2nd
Mar 14 9:42 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Dustin Byfuglien (5), at 14:52.
Rangers 1, Jets 2 2nd - 5:08Mar 14 9:33 PM
- NY Rangers Goal at 1:11.
Rangers 1, Jets 1 2nd - 18:49Mar 14 9:06 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
End of 1st
Mar 14 8:44 PM
- Olli Jokinen wrist shot on Henrik Lundqvist.
Rangers 0, Jets 1 1st - 12:18Mar 14 8:21 PM
- Dustin Byfuglien snap shot on Henrik Lundqvist.
Rangers 0, Jets 0 1st - 18:03Mar 14 8:18 PM
- Winnipeg Power-Play Goal - Nik Antropov (3), at 1:58.
Rangers 0, Jets 1 1st - 18:02Mar 14 8:11 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 14 8:08 PM
- Major League Baseball suspends Rangers' Odor for 8 games and Andrus for 1 game, and Blue Jays' Chavez and Gibbons for 3 each and Bautista, Leiper for 1 apiece for role in brawl May 17
- New York Rangers sign KHL forward Pavel Bucknevich May 13
- Capitals are loose and confident and on brink of elimination May 6
- New York Rangers rookie Oscar Lindberg has hip surgery May 6
- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta May 2
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Apr 26
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Apr 25
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Apr 24
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 23