Phoenix downs Los AngelesMar 13, 2013 - 7:23 AM
Shane Doan and Raffi Torres each posted a goal and an assist while Rob Klinkhammer also scored for the Coyotes, who have won four of their past six games. Mike Smith stopped 31 shots in the win.
"When he has the puck he can be a very dangerous player," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said of Boedker.
Dustin Brown and Mike Richards scored for the Kings, who had won four of five coming into the contest. Jonathan Quick gave up all five goals on 29 shots in the loss.
"We were tired, they were fresh," Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said.
The first goal of the game came at the 9:25 mark of the first when Torres sent a pass from the right boards to the slot and Boedker snapped it home for a 1-0 lead.
Phoenix took a 2-0 lead with 3:13 to play in the opening frame as Derek Morris blasted a shot from the high slot that Doan re-directed in for his ninth of the season.
Boedker notched his second of the game on the power play at the 3:27 mark of the second as he took a feed at the top of the right circle and danced to the slot before snapping it in for his sixth of the season.
It was a 4-0 contest with 7:27 to play in the middle stanza when Doan fired a shot on net from the right circle and Boedker banged in the rebound for his sixth of the year.
Richards' big blast from the right point on the power play got the Kings on the board with 2:23 to play in the second.
The Kings cut their deficit to two 4:47 into the final frame on another power- play goal off a one-timer from Brown at the left circle, but Klinkhammer finished off a 2-on-1 break with a wrister over the blocker of Quick with 9:05 to play.
Phoenix hits the road for its next four games starting in St. Louis on Thursday ... Los Angeles plays in San Jose on Thursday ... The Kings had taken a 4-2 victory in Phoenix on Jan. 26 ... Los Angeles was 2-for-5 on the power play while Phoenix was 1-for-3.
- LOS ANGELES: 2
Mar 13 12:37 AM
- Michael Stone slap shot is wide.
Kings 2, Coyotes 5 3rd - 7:40Mar 13 12:20 AM
- Justin Williams slap shot on Mike Smith.
Kings 2, Coyotes 4 3rd - 9:19Mar 13 12:18 AM
- Phoenix Goal - Rob Klinkhammer, at 10:54.
Kings 2, Coyotes 5 3rd - 9:06Mar 13 12:18 AM
- Los Angeles Power-Play Goal - Justin Williams (4), from Slava Voynov at 4:47.
Kings 2, Coyotes 4 3rd - 15:13Mar 13 12:05 AM
- LOS ANGELES: 1
End of 2nd
Mar 12 11:39 PM
- Los Angeles Power-Play Goal - Mike Richards (7), at 17:37.
Kings 1, Coyotes 4 2nd - 2:23Mar 12 11:32 PM
- Phoenix Goal - Raffi Torres, at 12:33.
Kings 0, Coyotes 4 2nd - 7:27Mar 12 11:23 PM
- Phoenix Power-Play Goal - Mikkel Boedker (6), from Keith Yandle at 3:27.
Kings 0, Coyotes 3 2nd - 16:33Mar 12 11:10 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
End of 1st
Mar 12 10:46 PM
- Phoenix Goal - Shane Doan (9), from Derek Morris at 16:46.
Kings 0, Coyotes 2 1st - 3:14Mar 12 10:42 PM
- Phoenix Goal - Mikkel Boedker (5), from Raffi Torres and Martin Hanzal at 9:25.
Kings 0, Coyotes 1 1st - 10:35Mar 12 10:26 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 12 10:08 PM
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Coyotes, Tucson make it official: Moving AHL team to city May 19
- Tucson city council approves deal for Coyotes AHL affiliate May 17
- Kings agree with coach Darryl Sutter on contract extension May 13
- AHL board approves sale, relocation of Coyotes' affililate May 10
- Capitals get playoff payoff from Williams against Penguins May 8
- Kings GM: Coach Darryl Sutter has contract offer to return May 6
- Arizona's Chayka becomes youngest GM in NHL history May 5
- AP Source: Coyotes to promote 26-year-old Chayka to GM May 4
- Pietrangelo logs heavy ice time in Blues' playoff run May 3
- Pietrangelo logs heavy ice time in Blues' playoff run May 2
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30