Ducks beat Sharks for record 12th straight home winMar 19, 2013 - 5:26 AM
Emerson Etem scored his first career goal and Peter Holland also scored for the Ducks, who have won a franchise-record 12 straight home games.
"Offensively, we are getting scoring from all our lines, and our goaltending has been unbelievable," Beauchemin said.
Viktor Fasth stopped 32 shots in the victory.
Matt Irwin, Partick Marleau and Jason Demers each tallied for the Sharks, losers in six of their last seven games.
Antti Niemi had 23 saves in the setback.
Earlier on Monday, the Ducks inked Corey Perry to an eight-year extension, keeping the high-scoring winger with the club through the 2020-21 season.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the Los Angels Times is reporting the deal could be worth $69 million for the duration.
"Staying in Anaheim has always been my first choice," said Perry. "This is a great place to play, and I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to remain here."
Beauchemin scored his first goal with just under six minutes left in the first. Beauchemin corralled a loose puck in the San Jose zone, faked a shot to get Niemi off balance then blasted a slap shot over the goaltender's right shoulder.
Demers ripped a slap shot from just inside the blue line over Fasth's right shoulder at the 19:02 mark.
Anaheim scored three goals in the second. Holland struck first after the Ducks used nice puck movement to get Holland wide open in front of the net. Andrew Cogliano dropped it back to Bobby Ryan, who quickly tapped it back to Cogliano on the end line. Cogliano then slid the disc to Holland who pounded it home at 11:09.
Etem's first career goal came 34 seconds later as Daniel Winnik found the rookie streaking down the center of the ice. Etem took the puck and quickly lifted it above Niemi's pad.
Later, Etem found Getzlaf on a 2-on-1 rush for a 4-1 lead.
"When we played on our toes we looked pretty good. We put a good effort in, but we fell asleep for a few minutes in the second period," Sharks center Joe Thorton said.
Marleau scored with 28.9 seconds left in the middle session to make it 4-2. He took the puck down the right side and raced to the net before lifting a wrist shot over Fasth left shoulder.
Irwin scored at the 6:48 mark of the third period, but the game never seemed in doubt for the Ducks, who stretched it to 5-3 when Beauchemin scored on an empty net.
Anaheim hasn't lost at home since a Jan. 25 loss to the Canucks ... Perry sat out the third contest of a four-game suspension for an illegal hit ... The Ducks are 8-1-1 in the previous 10 meetings with the Sharks ... Irwin has scored in three straight games.
- SAN JOSE: 3
Mar 19 12:31 AM
- Anaheim Goal - Francois Beauchemin (4), from Ryan Getzlaf and Daniel Winnik at 19:14.
Sharks 3, Ducks 5 3rd - 0:46Mar 19 12:29 AM
- San Jose Goal - Matt Irwin (5), from Brent Burns at 6:48.
Sharks 3, Ducks 4 3rd - 13:12Mar 19 12:07 AM
- SAN JOSE: 2
End of 2nd
Mar 18 11:40 PM
- San Jose Goal - Patrick Marleau (15), from Martin Havlat and Douglas Murray at 19:30.
Sharks 2, Ducks 4 2nd - 0:30Mar 18 11:38 PM
- Anaheim Short-Handed Goal - Ryan Getzlaf (11), from Emerson Etem at 13:55.
Sharks 1, Ducks 4 2nd - 6:05Mar 18 11:28 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Bryan Allen, at 11:43.
Sharks 1, Ducks 3 2nd - 8:17Mar 18 11:22 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Peter Holland (2), from Andrew Cogliano at 11:09.
Sharks 1, Ducks 2 2nd - 8:51Mar 18 11:20 PM
- SAN JOSE: 1
End of 1st
Mar 18 10:44 PM
- San Jose Goal - Jason Demers, at 19:02.
Sharks 1, Ducks 1 1st - 0:58Mar 18 10:42 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Francois Beauchemin (3), at 14:06.
Sharks 0, Ducks 1 1st - 5:54Mar 18 10:32 PM
- SAN JOSE: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 18 10:09 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18