Filppula helps Lightning beat DucksNov 15, 2013 - 6:42 AM
Martin St. Louis had a goal and two assists, while Victor Hedman had a goal and a helper and Alex Killorn scored for the Lightning, who have won six of their last seven games. Ben Bishop posted 24 saves in the win.
"I think we put on a great performance tonight and played hard from the get- go," said Hedman. "We were able to put a lot of pressure in their zone and when you do that the goals will come."
Emerson Etem scored for the Ducks, who have lost two straight. Jonas Hiller gave up all five goals on 20 shots.
"When you're fragile and you get behind, things start to go wrong," said Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau. "We weren't able to push back."
The Lightning struck at 11:52 of the first period when Teddy Purcell fired a pass from the left circle to the right where Filppula one-timed it home.
Tampa doubled its lead 4 1/2 minutes later on the power play when St. Louis tipped the puck in from down low for his eighth of the season.
Skating on the power play, the Lightning made it a 3-0 game at 3:16 of the second period as Filppula took a pass at the right circle and skated down low before firing a shot into the net.
Tampa kept pouring it on, making it a 4-0 game at 10:51 of the second when Killorn put home his own rebound, but Etem scored his fifth of the year at 16:07 to get Anaheim on the board.
Hedman's goal at 2:05 of the third capped the scoring. Bishop stopped all eight shots he faced in the third to keep Anaheim at bay.
Tampa Bay hits the road for the next four games starting in Phoenix on Saturday ... Anaheim plays in Carolina on Friday ... Tampa has won the past two games against Anaheim after losing three straight ... Tampa was 2-for-2 on the power play and Anaheim was 0-for-3.
- ANAHEIM: 1
TAMPA BAY: 5
Nov 14 10:11 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Victor Hedman (3), from Richard Panik and Tyler Johnson at 2:05.
Ducks 1, Lightning 5 3rd - 17:55Nov 14 9:39 PM
- ANAHEIM: 1
TAMPA BAY: 4
End of 2nd
Nov 14 9:17 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Emerson Etem (5), from Cam Fowler and Francois Beauchemin at 16:07.
Ducks 1, Lightning 4 2nd - 3:53Nov 14 9:10 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Alex Killorn, at 10:51.
Ducks 0, Lightning 4 2nd - 9:09Nov 14 8:55 PM
- Tampa Bay Power-Play Goal - Valtteri Filppula (8), from Victor Hedman and Martin St. Louis at 3:16.
Ducks 0, Lightning 3 2nd - 16:44Nov 14 8:40 PM
- ANAHEIM: 0
TAMPA BAY: 2
End of 1st
Nov 14 8:16 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Martin St. Louis, at 16:25.
Ducks 0, Lightning 2 1st - 3:35Nov 14 8:11 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Valtteri Filppula, at 11:52.
Ducks 0, Lightning 1 1st - 8:08Nov 14 7:58 PM
- ANAHEIM: 0
TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 14 7:39 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17