Rask backs Bruins over struggling PanthersNov 8, 2013 - 6:05 AM
David Krejci netted his third goal of the season midway through the second period for Boston, which has now won five in a row over the Panthers. Brad Marchand, Torey Krug and Reilly Smith also scored for the Bruins.
"The effort and willingness was there; for the whole 60 minutes, we had really good consistency in our game plan," said Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara.
Jesse Winchester scored the lone Florida goal late in the third period. The Panthers have dropped seven consecutive games.
Scott Clemmensen allowed all four goals on 30 shots between the pipes for Florida.
"There's not much to say. I think the score is probably not overly indicative of the hockey game," said Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen. "At the end of the day, there's only one thing that matters and that's the two points at the end of the night."
The Bruins opened the scoring when Krejci and Chara executed a give-and-go at the point before Krejci unleashed a one-timer that beat a screened Clemmensen.
Marchand crashed the net and scored the eventual game-winner 4:09 into the third period when he tapped in a Dennis Seidenberg rebound. Seidenberg ripped a shot from the blue line, which trickled past Clemmensen and into the goal mouth for Marchand to poke in.
Chris Kelly skated into the Florida zone and slid a pass to a trailing Krug, who blasted it into the back of the net for a 3-0 advantage.
The Panthers capitalized on a Boston turnover late in the third and Winchester was the benefactor, scoring his fourth goal of the season.
Smith's goal came with 1:47 left in the contest when he intercepted a clearing attempt by Tomas Fleischmann and found himself wide open in front of the goal. Smith corralled the puck and wristed a shot past Clemmensen for the final tally.
The Panthers have now scored first in just four of 16 games this season ... Scottie Upshall's three-game point streak came to an end for the Panthers ... Florida went 0-for-4 on the power-play.
- FLORIDA: 1
Nov 7 9:37 PM
- Boston Goal - Reilly Smith (2), at 18:13.
Panthers 1, Bruins 4 3rd - 1:47Nov 7 9:34 PM
- Florida Goal - Jesse Winchester (4), from Nick Bjugstad at 14:25.
Panthers 1, Bruins 3 3rd - 5:35Nov 7 9:25 PM
- Boston Goal - Torey Krug (6), at 8:57.
Panthers 0, Bruins 3 3rd - 11:03Nov 7 9:16 PM
- Boston Goal - Brad Marchand (2), from Dennis Seidenberg at 4:09.
Panthers 0, Bruins 2 3rd - 15:51Nov 7 9:05 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
End of 2nd
Nov 7 8:40 PM
- Boston Goal - David Krejci (3), from Zdeno Chara at 7:17.
Panthers 0, Bruins 1 2nd - 12:43Nov 7 8:17 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
End of 1st
Nov 7 7:43 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 7 7:09 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25