Chara, Bruins edge RangersNov 30, 2013 - 1:26 AM
Chara and Brad Marchand had a goal and an assist, while Patrice Bergeron also scored for the Bruins, who have won three of their last four. Tuukka Rask stopped 17 shots in the win.
Ryan McDonagh and Rick Nash scored for the Rangers, who had won three of four coming in. Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 25 shots in defeat.
"We got exactly what we deserved today because we gave a "B" effort," said New York head coach Alain Vigneault.
The Bruins were trailing by a goal entering the third period, but tied the game 1:35 in as Bergeron's shot from the right circle was stopped, but it hit off of Dan Girardi and went past Lundqvist.
Boston then took a 3-2 lead with 8:55 to play as David Krejci sent a pass from the right circle to the high slot where Chara's slap shot found the back of the net.
"There's obviously no better leader, no better defenseman in my mind," said Bergeron. "Every game, he goes to war."
The Rangers got Lundqvist out of the net for an extra attacker with over a minute to play, but was unable to get the tying goal.
Boston got on the board at 11:42 of the first period as Chara sent a pass from the left circle to the right where Marchand one-timed the puck in for his fourth of the year.
New York, though, scored a pair of goals 1:22 apart later in the frame to take a 2-1 lead.
The first goal came at 13:04 as Nash got the puck behind the net and fought his way through a defender before wristing the puck from the inside right circle.
McDonagh scored at 14:26 as he took a pass in the high slot from Derick Brassard and snapped it past Rask for his sixth of the season.
Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg returned to play after missing the previous four games with a lower-body injury suffered in a Nov. 19 game against the Rangers ... Boston hosts Columbus on Saturday ... New York hosts Vancouver on Saturday ... Boston took a 2-1 win in New York on Nov. 19 ... Boston went 0-for-2 on the power play, while New York was 0-for-5.
- NEW YORK: 2
Nov 29 3:48 PM
- Boston Goal - Zdeno Chara (6), at 11:05.
Rangers 2, Bruins 3 3rd - 8:55Nov 29 3:25 PM
- Shawn Thornton shot blocked by Justin Falk.
Rangers 2, Bruins 2 3rd - 16:22Nov 29 3:13 PM
- Patrice Bergeron snap shot on Henrik Lundqvist.
Rangers 2, Bruins 1 3rd - 18:25Nov 29 3:10 PM
- Boston Goal - Patrice Bergeron (7), at 1:35.
Rangers 2, Bruins 2 3rd - 18:25Nov 29 3:10 PM
- NEW YORK: 2
End of 2nd
Nov 29 2:50 PM
- NEW YORK: 2
End of 1st
Nov 29 1:59 PM
- NY Rangers Goal - Ryan McDonagh (6), at 14:26.
Rangers 2, Bruins 1 1st - 5:34Nov 29 1:48 PM
- NY Rangers Goal - Rick Nash (3), at 13:04.
Rangers 1, Bruins 1 1st - 6:56Nov 29 1:46 PM
- Boston Goal - Brad Marchand (4), at 11:42.
Rangers 0, Bruins 1 1st - 8:18Nov 29 1:43 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 29 1:22 PM
- Major League Baseball suspends Rangers' Odor for 8 games and Andrus for 1 game, and Blue Jays' Chavez and Gibbons for 3 each and Bautista, Leiper for 1 apiece for role in brawl May 17
- New York Rangers sign KHL forward Pavel Bucknevich May 13
- Capitals are loose and confident and on brink of elimination May 6
- New York Rangers rookie Oscar Lindberg has hip surgery May 6
- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta May 2
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Apr 26
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Apr 25
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Apr 24