Bruins pound struggling FlyersJan 25, 2014 - 10:41 PM
Zdeno Chara also scored twice, while Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith each scored once for the Bruins, who hadn't played since a 3-2 win over Los Angeles on Monday.
"We had a break and we're trying to make the most of it and come out and have some energy to start the game," Iginla said. "I thought right from the drop that every single guy was ready to go and it was a fun game to play."
Tuukka Rask registered 25 saves in the triumph.
Claude Giroux netted Philadelphia's lone goal, while Steve Mason allowed four goals on 19 shots before being lifted late in the second period.
Ray Emery stopped 12-of-14 shots in relief for the Flyers, who have dropped four straight and seven of their last nine games.
"It has to be the most embarrassing game I've been involved with," Giroux lamented. "We didn't win any battles, we didn't play as a team."
Giroux's tripping minor 5:32 into the tilt helped Boston open the scoring, as Chara controlled the puck on the low right side and threw a pass through the crease that ricocheted in off a defenseman's skate at 6:30.
Iginla gave Boston a 2-0 lead in the final minute of the frame, ripping a shot from atop the right circle that slipped past Mason's glove with 17.1 seconds on the clock.
Smith increased the cushion nearly seven minutes into the second when he swatted a backhander that hit the post and deflected off Mason's back before trickling across the goal line. Defenseman Nicklas Grossmann nearly saved the goal, but the puck crossed the goal line just before Grossmann cleared it.
Bergeron buried a rebound from a tough angle on the low left side to make it 4-0 with 6:50 left in the second stanza.
Giroux scored on the man advantage 7:55 into the third to get Philadelphia on the board, but Iginla and Chara potted power-play goals 55 seconds apart shortly after to make it 6-1 Boston at the 9:16 mark.
"Especially in this town, in our home building, you've got to work your bag off for sixty minutes," Flyers forward Scott Hartnell said of his team dropping their third straight home game in disappointing fashion. "It doesn't matter what the score is."
Iginla recorded his 21st career four-point game ... It was the 11th career two-goal game for Chara ... Bergeron and teammate Brad Marchand each extended their respective point streaks to five games ... David Krejci collected three assists, while Torey Krug added two helpers for Boston ... Philadelphia went 1-for-2 on the power play, while Boston went 2-for-4 ... The Flyers have lost five of their last six home games after going 10-0 as the hosts from Nov. 9- Jan. 8.
- BOSTON: 6
Jan 25 3:40 PM
- Boston Goal - Zdeno Chara, from Jarome Iginla at 9:16.
Bruins 6, Flyers 1 3rd - 10:44Jan 25 3:22 PM
- Boston Power-Play Goal - Torey Krug (12), from David Krejci at 8:21.
Bruins 5, Flyers 1 3rd - 11:39Jan 25 3:20 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Claude Giroux, from Jakub Voracek at 7:55.
Bruins 4, Flyers 1 3rd - 12:05Jan 25 3:17 PM
- BOSTON: 4
End of 2nd
Jan 25 2:46 PM
- Boston Goal - Patrice Bergeron (13), from Brad Marchand at 13:10.
Bruins 4, Flyers 0 2nd - 6:50Jan 25 2:35 PM
- Milan Lucic shot blocked by Luke Schenn.
Bruins 3, Flyers 0 2nd - 12:17Jan 25 2:23 PM
- Boston Goal - Reilly Smith, at 6:59.
Bruins 4, Flyers 0 2nd - 13:01Jan 25 2:21 PM
- Boston Goal - Reilly Smith (16), at 6:59.
Bruins 3, Flyers 0 2nd - 13:01Jan 25 2:20 PM
- BOSTON: 2
End of 1st
Jan 25 1:47 PM
- Boston Goal - Jarome Iginla (14), from Milan Lucic at 19:42.
Bruins 2, Flyers 0 1st - 0:18Jan 25 1:46 PM
- Boston Power-Play Goal - Zdeno Chara (10), at 6:30.
Bruins 1, Flyers 0 1st - 13:30Jan 25 1:19 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Jan 25 1:08 PM
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Capitals set for rare postseason rematch against Penguins Apr 25
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 23