Stewart collects hat trick as Blues blank OilersDec 22, 2013 - 7:13 AM
Stewart set up another goal, while Elliott made 23 saves.
"A huge credit goes to my linemates. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and they teed it up for me," said Stewart.
Jaden Schwartz and Patrik Berglund both had a goal and one assist for the Blues, who have won five of their last seven games.
Ilya Bryzgalov surrendered all six goals on 33 shots in Edmonton's season-high sixth consecutive loss.
"I wasn't good enough tonight. I didn't give our guys a chance to win," Bryzgalov said.
The Blues scored four times in the third period to turn the game into a rout.
Stewart converted a behind-the-net pass from Berglund at 1:46, then Schwartz beat Bryzgalov with a wrister from the top of the faceoff circle 52 seconds later to make it 4-0.
Stewart completed the hat trick by one-timing a feed through the slot for a power-play goal at 7:27. Berglund lit the lamp with 7:18 remaining.
St. Louis capitalized on a Bryzgalov turnover to open the scoring. The Edmonton goalie played the puck off the glass right to Schwartz and he dished to Stewart, who fired the puck home 11:57 into the contest.
The Blues grabbed a 2-0 lead when Brenden Morrow finished off a pretty passing sequence by sending a backhander past Bryzgalov at 5:50 of the second period.
St. Louis improved to 12-2-1 in the last 15 meetings with the Oilers ... Blues captain David Backes returned to the lineup after missing two games with an upper-body injury ... The Blues placed defenseman Roman Polak on injured reserve Saturday with a lower-body injury.
- ST. LOUIS: 6
Dec 22 12:34 AM
- St Louis Short-Handed Goal - Patrik Berglund (3), from Alex Pietrangelo at 12:41.
Blues 6, Oilers 0 3rd - 7:19Dec 22 12:20 AM
- St Louis Goal - Alex Pietrangelo, at 7:27.
Blues 5, Oilers 0 3rd - 12:33Dec 22 12:10 AM
- St Louis Goal - Jaden Schwartz (10), at 2:38.
Blues 4, Oilers 0 3rd - 17:22Dec 21 11:59 PM
- St Louis Goal - Chris Stewart (12), at 1:46.
Blues 3, Oilers 0 3rd - 18:14Dec 21 11:57 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 2
End of 2nd
Dec 21 11:37 PM
- Jordan Eberle shot is wide.
Blues 2, Oilers 0 2nd - 13:23Dec 21 11:15 PM
- Jaden Schwartz slap shot on Ilya Bryzgalov.
Blues 1, Oilers 0 2nd - 15:12Dec 21 11:14 PM
- St Louis Goal - Brenden Morrow, at 5:50.
Blues 2, Oilers 0 2nd - 14:10Dec 21 11:11 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 1
End of 1st
Dec 21 10:46 PM
- St Louis Goal - Chris Stewart (11), at 11:57.
Blues 1, Oilers 0 1st - 8:03Dec 21 10:29 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 21 10:08 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18