Oilers top LightningJan 6, 2014 - 4:35 AM
Jordan Eberle added a pair of goals while Taylor Hall and Luke Gazdic added one marker apiece for the Oilers, who had dropped four straight entering the contest.
"We had success when we were getting pucks in behind them," Eberle said.
Ryan Smythe added a pair of assists and Ilya Bryzgalov made 24 saves in the win.
Valtteri Filppula, Victor Hedman and Nikita Kucherov each had a goal and Matt Carle had two assists for the Lightning, who had a five-game road winning streak snapped.
Ben Bishop allowed one goal in the first period before leaving the game with an upper body injury. Anders Lindback made 21 saves but allowed four goals in the setback.
"It was a little disappointing how we came out. It is a tough league and takes a lot of energy to come back. I thought we had ample chances," said Lightning coach Jon Cooper.
Kucherov opened the scoring 2:43 in with his power-play marker. Carle sent a cross-ice pass to Kucherov, who one-timed it into the back of the net.
Edmonton then scored three straight goals to take a 3-1 lead.
At 4:18, Eberle scored his first goal of the night with a wrister off a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins feed. Eberle scored less than two minutes later with a quick shot off a Sam Gagner rebound.
Gazdic deflected a Justin Schultz shot for the two-goal spread.
Tampa Bay added a pair of goals in the middle session. First, Hedman blasted a wrister from just above the right circle to make it 3-2.
Fippulla added his goal at the 14:25 mark. Fippulla faked a pass, pulled back and fired a shot past Bryzgalov.
Gordon's game-winner came at the 8:20 mark of the final period. Gordon had the disc poked away from him in front of the net, but recovered and wristed it through for a 4-3 edge.
Hall tipped-in an Andrew Ference pass to account for the final difference.
Hall has 12 multi-point games this season and Eberle has 11 ... Hall has 25 assists this season and Nugent-Hopkins has 21 helpers ... Lindback is 1-2-0 all-time against Edmonton ... Tampa won five straight on the road in 2008 ... Despite the loss, Tampa is 16-2-1 when scoring first this season.
- TAMPA BAY: 3
Jan 5 10:32 PM
- Edmonton Goal - Taylor Hall (16), from Andrew Ference and Sam Gagner at 10:30.
Lightning 3, Oilers 5 3rd - 9:30Jan 5 10:16 PM
- Edmonton Goal - Boyd Gordon (7), at 8:19.
Lightning 3, Oilers 4 3rd - 11:41Jan 5 10:10 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 3
3rd Period - 17:30
Lightning 3, Oilers 3 3rd - 17:30Jan 5 9:59 PM
- Edmonton Goal - Ales Hemsky (7), at 2:31.
Lightning 3, Oilers 4 3rd - 17:29Jan 5 9:58 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 3
End of 2nd
Jan 5 9:37 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Valtteri Filppula, at 14:25.
Lightning 3, Oilers 3 2nd - 5:35Jan 5 9:27 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Victor Hedman (8), from Ondrej Palat at 8:46.
Lightning 2, Oilers 3 2nd - 11:14Jan 5 9:17 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 1st
Jan 5 8:45 PM
- Edmonton Goal - Ryan Jones, at 15:42.
Lightning 1, Oilers 3 1st - 4:18Jan 5 8:37 PM
- Justin Schultz shot blocked by Jean-Philippe Cote.
Lightning 1, Oilers 2 1st - 13:17Jan 5 8:21 PM
- Jordan Eberle shot blocked by Martin St. Louis.
Lightning 1, Oilers 1 1st - 13:55Jan 5 8:21 PM
- Edmonton Power-Play Goal - Jordan Eberle (14), at 6:09.
Lightning 1, Oilers 2 1st - 13:51Jan 5 8:21 PM
- Edmonton Goal - Jordan Eberle (13), from Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall at 4:18.
Lightning 1, Oilers 1 1st - 15:42Jan 5 8:16 PM
- Tampa Bay Power-Play Goal - Nikita Kucherov (6), from Matt Carle and Radko Gudas at 2:43.
Lightning 1, Oilers 0 1st - 17:17Jan 5 8:13 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Jan 5 8:05 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17