Panthers beat Jets to wrap up homestandDec 6, 2013 - 5:51 AM
Nick Bjugstad and Jimmy Hayes also lit the lamp for the Panthers, who went 2-3-0 on a five-game homestand.
Tim Thomas stopped 29-of-31 shots. One of his 11 saves in the first period was the 11,000th of his NHL career.
Andrew Ladd and Olli Jokinen scored for the Jets, who fell to 3-2-0 on a six- game road trip. Ondrej Pavelec turned aside 21-of-26 shots.
"The game wasn't very good," Jets coach Claude Noel said. "It wasn't really the score; obviously, the score is the area, but for me it was the way we played. We didn't have very many good players, we didn't play very intelligent. For as good as we were in New York, we played way different tonight. We had a hard time getting guys engaged in the game."
Ladd jammed home a rebound at the 5:27 mark of the first period.
Gudbranson put Florida on the board with 5:58 remaining when his slap shot from the top of the right circle got past Pavelec.
Olsen's first NHL goal came 3:31 into the middle stanza. Scottie Upshall charged down the right win before sliding a pass to Olsen, who fired a wrist shot from the slot.
"It's awesome. It's your first NHL goal," Olsen said. "It was obviously exciting, but it's even better to get the win and get off that three-game losing streak. That's what we're excited about, and we've got to keep rolling from here."
Fleischmann made it a 3-1 contest at 17:59 of the second when he put home the rebound of Mike Weaver's shot from the right point.
Bjugstad's wraparound made it a three-goal game at the 5:37 mark of the third frame.
Jokinen cut the gap to 4-2 at 12:45 when he scored off Devin Setoguchi's pass from behind the net.
Hayes scored on a breakaway with 2:44 left to account for the final margin.
The Jets were without forwards Evander Kane (lower body) and Michael Frolik (flu-like symptoms) on Thursday ... Panthers forward Tomas Kopecky returned to the lineup after missing five games with an upper-body injury.
- WINNIPEG: 2
Dec 5 10:02 PM
- Florida Goal - Jimmy Hayes, at 17:16.
Jets 2, Panthers 5 3rd - 2:44Dec 5 9:58 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Olli Jokinen (7), at 12:45.
Jets 2, Panthers 4 3rd - 7:15Dec 5 9:48 PM
- Florida Goal - Nick Bjugstad (4), at 5:37.
Jets 1, Panthers 4 3rd - 14:23Dec 5 9:36 PM
- WINNIPEG: 1
End of 2nd
Dec 5 9:10 PM
- Florida Goal - Tomas Fleischmann (4), from Mike Weaver and Dmitry Kulikov at 17:59.
Jets 1, Panthers 3 2nd - 2:01Dec 5 9:07 PM
- Florida Goal - Dylan Olsen, at 3:31.
Jets 1, Panthers 2 2nd - 16:29Dec 5 8:39 PM
- WINNIPEG: 1
End of 1st
Dec 5 8:16 PM
- Florida Goal - Erik Gudbranson (2), at 14:02.
Jets 1, Panthers 1 1st - 5:58Dec 5 8:03 PM
- Sean Bergenheim wrist shot is wide.
Jets 1, Panthers 0 1st - 13:34Dec 5 7:48 PM
- Blake Wheeler shot blocked by Tom Gilbert.
Jets 0, Panthers 0 1st - 14:36Dec 5 7:47 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Andrew Ladd (8), at 5:27.
Jets 1, Panthers 0 1st - 14:33Dec 5 7:46 PM
- WINNIPEG: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 5 7:39 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25