Pacioretty, Montreal take down VancouverFeb 7, 2014 - 4:17 AM
Ryan White scored his first goal of the season and Tomas Plekanec also scored for the Canadiens, winners in four of their last six games. Carey Price made 42 saves in the win.
Chris Higgins and Alexander Edler scored one goal apiece for the Canucks, losers in six straight. Roberto Luongo allowed four goals on 28 shots in the setback.
Pacioretty scored his first goal with just over five minutes remaining in the first period, as P.K. Subban's shot from the point deflected off his leg and into the net.
White added a goal just over a minute later after backhanding a Michael Bournival feed through for a 2-0 lead.
Higgins got the Canucks on the board with a power-play goal 2:31 into the middle session, a tip-in off a pass from Jason Garrison.
Pacioretty missed a pair of penalty shots in the second period.
"(Luongo) is a big goalie and a good goalie. I thought the move on the second shot really didn't help me out," Pacioretty said. "Other than that, I had some bounces and I owe my production to my teammates."
David Desharnais later corralled a loose puck behind the Vancouver net and skated around to the front of the goal. He then dropped a pass to a wide-open Pacioretty right in front for his second marker of the game.
"The first five or six minutes we couldn't get anything going. Their third goal was off a puck just sitting there and that surprised a lot of people around the net. That hurt us, we needed to tie the game up," said Canucks coach John Tortorella.
Plekanec backhanded Desharnais' pass at 8:14 of the final period to give the hosts a commanding 4-1 lead.
Alexander Edler scored on the power play for Vancouver at 12:21 and Pacioretty added an empty-netter to complete the hat trick with 1:08 to go.
The Canadiens were 1-for-1 on the power play ... The Habs will visit the Hurricanes on Saturday ... Vancouver was 2-for-5 on the power play ... The Canucks visit Toronto on Saturday.
- VANCOUVER: 2
Feb 6 10:20 PM
- Montreal Goal - Max Pacioretty, at 18:52.
Canucks 2, Canadiens 5 3rd - 1:08Feb 6 10:17 PM
- Ryan Kesler snap shot on Carey Price.
Canucks 2, Canadiens 4 3rd - 5:23Feb 6 10:09 PM
- Frank Corrado backhand shot on Carey Price.
Canucks 1, Canadiens 4 3rd - 10:31Feb 6 10:07 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Alexander Edler, from Raphael Diaz at 12:21.
Canucks 2, Canadiens 4 3rd - 7:39Feb 6 10:02 PM
- Chris Higgins snap shot on Carey Price.
Canucks 1, Canadiens 4 3rd - 9:56Feb 6 9:56 PM
- VANCOUVER: 1
3rd Period - 17:36
Canucks 1, Canadiens 2 3rd - 17:36Feb 6 9:55 PM
- Montreal Goal - Tomas Plekanec (17), from David Desharnais at 8:14.
Canucks 1, Canadiens 4 3rd - 11:46Feb 6 9:50 PM
- Montreal Goal - Max Pacioretty (25), from David Desharnais at 4:45.
Canucks 1, Canadiens 3 3rd - 15:15Feb 6 9:43 PM
- VANCOUVER: 1
End of 2nd
Feb 6 9:18 PM
- Vancouver Power-Play Goal - Chris Higgins (16), from Jason Garrison and Jordan Schroeder at 2:31.
Canucks 1, Canadiens 2 2nd - 17:29Feb 6 8:45 PM
- VANCOUVER: 0
End of 1st
Feb 6 8:22 PM
- Montreal Goal - Ryan White, at 16:02.
Canucks 0, Canadiens 2 1st - 3:58Feb 6 8:14 PM
- Montreal Power-Play Goal - P.K. Subban (9), at 14:59.
Canucks 0, Canadiens 1 1st - 5:01Feb 6 8:09 PM
- VANCOUVER: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Feb 6 7:43 PM
- US quarterfinal spot in doubt at worlds after Germany defeat May 15
- Canadiens sign forward Artturi Lehkonen to 3-year contract May 8
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Apr 20
- Former Canadiens coach Jacques Demers improving after stroke Apr 15
- Fighting the bear: John Scott demonstrates a hockey fight Apr 14
- Canucks sign North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher Apr 13
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Apr 13
- Capitals are not running from Stanley Cup expectations Apr 12
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 Apr 10
- Galchenyuk, Pacioretty score twice; Canadiens beat Lightning Apr 10
- Oilers-Canucks Preview Apr 8
- Jacques Demers in stable condition 2 days after stroke Apr 8