Steen scores twice as Blues rout PredsOct 27, 2013 - 6:25 AM
Jaden Schwartz, Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie each added a goal and an assist, while Derek Roy registered the other goal for the Blues, who were coming off back-to-back losses after regulation.
Jaroslav Halak stopped 22-of-23 shots to backstop the victory.
Nick Spaling scored the lone Nashville goal, while Carter Hutton was tagged for five goals on 26 shots before being pulled in the third. Magnus Hellberg allowed a goal on four shots in relief for the Predators, who had won three of their last four games.
"Obviously we didn't get the job done tonight," Spaling said. "There were just a couple breakdowns we have to fix."
Steen opened the scoring with a power-play marker at the 5:27 mark of the first before the Blues tacked on two more goals in the second.
Oshie tipped-in Pietrangelo's blast from the right point at the 7:34 mark of the second before Schwartz tickled the twine with a one-timer from the right circle with 8:24 left in the second stanza to make it 3-0.
Spaling's short-handed marker 52 seconds into the third got the Preds on the board, but the Blues responded with three straight tallies to put the game away.
Steen scored his second of the night at 4:37 when he banked the puck in off the back of Hutton from behind the net.
"He feels like he's fresh on the ice and when you're fresh, you're confident," Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen. "That's how he's feeling right now."
Roy chased the Nashville netminder from the contest just over three minutes later when he rifled a wrister from above the right circle on an odd-man rush to make it 5-1 at 7:48.
Pietrangelo's slapper from the high slot with the Blues on the power play at the 12:58 mark accounted for the final margin.
St. Louis forward Magnus Paajarvi left the contest with an upper-body injury ... St. Louis has won three straight and seven of the past eight meetings against Nashville ... Nashville finished 0-for-3 on the power play, while St. Louis went 2-for-5 on the man advantage.
- ST. LOUIS: 6
Oct 26 10:38 PM
- St Louis Power-Play Goal - Alex Pietrangelo, at 12:58.
Blues 6, Predators 1 3rd - 7:02Oct 26 10:24 PM
- St Louis Goal - Jaden Schwartz (3), at 7:48.
Blues 5, Predators 1 3rd - 12:12Oct 26 10:12 PM
- St Louis Goal - Alexander Steen (10), at 4:37.
Blues 4, Predators 1 3rd - 15:23Oct 26 10:07 PM
- Nashville Short-Handed Goal - Nick Spaling, at :52.
Blues 3, Predators 1 3rd - 19:08Oct 26 10:02 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 3
End of 2nd
Oct 26 9:43 PM
- St Louis Goal - Jaden Schwartz (2), at 11:36.
Blues 3, Predators 0 2nd - 8:24Oct 26 9:26 PM
- St Louis Goal - T.J. Oshie (2), at 7:34.
Blues 2, Predators 0 2nd - 12:26Oct 26 9:18 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 1
End of 1st
Oct 26 8:49 PM
- St Louis Power-Play Goal - Alexander Steen (9), at 5:27.
Blues 1, Predators 0 1st - 14:33Oct 26 8:21 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Oct 26 8:11 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18