Brodeur blanks Flyers to get Devils back on trackNov 8, 2013 - 5:58 AM
Adam Henrique, Cam Janssen and Jaromir Jagr each scored goals for the Devils, who had been shut out in their past two games, including a 1-0 defeat to the Flyers last Saturday.
Ray Emery, who had blanked the Devils on Saturday, stopped 22 shots for the Flyers, who have dropped their past two games.
"Well, we're definitely frustrated, but the bright side is we have a good group," said Emery. "We have a lot of guys who really enjoy playing together."
New Jersey needed just 1:57 to notch its first goal, as Eric Gelinas' shot from the left point was redirected past Emery by Henrique for his fifth of the year.
"Anytime you get that first one, especially, to play with the lead, it's a confidence booster," said Henrique. "We just kind of went from there. I thought we did a good job of taking it one shift at a time, and maintaining that pressure off of our forecheck."
After a scoreless second period, the Devils padded their lead at 3:01 of the third. Adam Larsson threw a shot on net from the right point that Janssen deflected in for his first of the year and a 2-0 lead.
Jagr's empty-netter came in the final moments of the game, the 685th goal of his career.
Brodeur needed to make just eight saves over the final 20 minutes for his first shutout of the season and 122nd of his career.
Jagr is five goals away from tying former teammate Mario Lemieux for ninth place in NHL history ... Brodeur's shutout was his 12th lifetime against Philadelphia ... Earlier on Thursday, the Devils placed forward Patrik Elias on injured reserve and activated defenseman Peter Harrold from IR ... New Jersey plays in Toronto on Friday ... Philadelphia hosts Edmonton on Saturday ... New Jersey has won five of its past seven games against Philadelphia.
- NEW JERSEY: 3
Nov 7 9:31 PM
- New Jersey Goal - Adam Larsson, at 3:01.
Devils 2, Flyers 0 3rd - 16:59Nov 7 8:58 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 1
End of 2nd
Nov 7 8:35 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 1
End of 1st
Nov 7 7:43 PM
- New Jersey Goal at 1:57.
Devils 1, Flyers 0 1st - 18:03Nov 7 7:13 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 7 7:09 PM
- US beats Czechs at worlds to set up semifinal with May 19
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL May 13
- Devils' Patrik Elias, Cory Schneider both undergo surgery May 12
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- Canada pounds US 5-1 in world championship opener May 6
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Capitals set for rare postseason rematch against Penguins Apr 25
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 24