Bolts lose two players, game to SenatorsJan 31, 2014 - 4:57 AM
Marc Methot, Erik Karlsson and Zack Smith also lit the lamp for the Senators, who have won two in a row. Craig Anderson made 35 saves.
"I really enjoyed the game. We got scoring from all three of our forward lines," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "In the third period we gave them a shorthanded goal and they come back, get the goalie out -- took a lot of courage for them to do that -- and they got one more out of it. But I thought at the end of the day we were better."
Victor Hedman, Tyler Johnson and Alex Killorn scored for the Lightning, who lost No. 1 goaltender Ben Bishop (upper body) and forward Valtteri Filppula (lower body) to injuries.
Anders Lindback stopped 23-of-27 shots in relief of Bishop.
Bishop's injury took place moments before the game's first goal. Bishop dove to his left in an attempt to knock the puck away from Ottawa's Mike Zibanejad, but Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov, who was trailing on the play, failed to jump over Bishop. Kucherov's knee hit the back of Bishop's head.
"I think Ben's going to be OK. I feel for him," said Lightning coach Jon Cooper. "It's a tough play that happened. I checked on him after the first (period) and he said he was feeling pretty good. It was more precaution that we kept him out."
With Bishop hurt on the ice, Methot scored at the 1:49 mark of the first period. Karlsson scored from a sharp angle with 24.7 seconds left to make it 2-0.
The Lightning got on the board at 3:10 of the middle stanza when Killorn scored from the high slot.
Smith made it 3-1 Ottawa at the 6:25 mark when he gathered a loose puck in the slot and used a wrist shot to beat Lindback.
Turris gave the Senators a three-goal margin at 18:40 of the second. Ryan fought off a check in front before dropping a pass for Turris, who made no mistake.
Ryan's team-leading 20th goal at 6:55 of the third gave the Senators a 5-1 lead.
Johnson cut the gap to three when he scored a shorthanded goal on a breakaway at 12:54 of the third. Hedman lit the lamp with 2:52 remaining to account for the final margin.
Tampa Bay has lost five straight at Ottawa ... Lightning forward Martin St. Louis recorded his 600th career assist on Hedman's goal ... Bishop was making his first appearance in Ottawa since he was traded to Tampa by the Senators on April 3, 2013, for Cory Conacher and a fourth-round draft pick ... Ottawa defenseman Chris Phillips missed his second straight game with an undisclosed injury.
- TAMPA BAY: 3
Jan 30 10:12 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Victor Hedman (11), at 17:08.
Lightning 3, Senators 5 3rd - 2:52Jan 30 10:03 PM
- Tampa Bay Short-Handed Goal - Tyler Johnson (17), from Ondrej Palat at 12:54.
Lightning 2, Senators 5 3rd - 7:06Jan 30 9:55 PM
- Ottawa Goal - Bobby Ryan, at 6:54.
Lightning 1, Senators 5 3rd - 13:06Jan 30 9:42 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 2nd
Jan 30 9:14 PM
- Ottawa Goal - Kyle Turris (18), from Bobby Ryan at 18:39.
Lightning 1, Senators 4 2nd - 1:21Jan 30 9:12 PM
- Ottawa Goal - Zack Smith (10), at 6:24.
Lightning 1, Senators 3 2nd - 13:36Jan 30 8:47 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Alex Killorn (13), at 3:10.
Lightning 1, Senators 2 2nd - 16:50Jan 30 8:39 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
End of 1st
Jan 30 8:15 PM
- Ottawa Goal - Erik Karlsson (13), from Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek at 19:34.
Lightning 0, Senators 2 1st - 0:26Jan 30 8:14 PM
- Ottawa Goal - Marc Methot (5), at 1:49.
Lightning 0, Senators 1 1st - 18:11Jan 30 7:42 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Jan 30 7:38 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17