Flyers score late, edge Leafs in SODec 31, 2013 - 6:27 AM
In the first round, Lecavalier made a nifty move to fake back to the forehand and lifted the puck over Eddie Lack.
Steve Mason then saw Ryan Kesler whiff on his attempt, before stopping a low shot from Daniel Sedin for the win.
Claude Giroux, Brayden Schenn and Mark Streit all scored for the Flyers, who have won three straight and five of six. Mason made 41 saves for the win.
"We need to defend a lot better than we did tonight," said Philadelphia head coach Craig Berube.
Daniel Sedin, Tom Sestito and Jannik Hansen scored for the Canucks, who had a six-game home winning streak broken. Lack finished with 24 stops.
Each team had several strong opportunities in the third period, with the goaltenders keeping the game tied with good saves.
However, the Canucks took a 3-2 lead with 2:48 to play as Daniel Sedin threw a shot on net from the left point that Mason knocked away with the blocker, but it went off of Luke Schenn and floated into the net.
The Flyers, though, pulled Mason for an extra attacker and it paid off as the team tied the game with 46.8 seconds to play.
Off a left circle faceoff, Matt Read tried to feed the puck to the right, but it was slowed down by a Vancouver stick. Scott Hartnell, though, was able to push the puck over to the right and Brayden Schenn was there to slam it in.
Philly got the only goal of the first period as Michael Raffl brought the puck out front from the left side and tried to wrap the puck in, but lost control. However, it went to the right side and Streit, pinching in from the point, shot it home at 15:24.
Vancouver tied the game at 4:24 of the second as Dan Hamhuis' shot from the left point was stopped, but Mason kicked the rebound out to the right side and Sestito slammed it in.
Good cycling work in the Flyers end gave the Canucks a 2-1 lead as Hansen brought the puck out from behind the net and dished it over to the left circle for Daniel Sedin, who sent it back to the front where Hansen had an easy tap- in at 16:51 of the second.
Giroux, though, tied the game up with a highlight-reel goal as he was sprung on a break by Raffl, and with two defenders on him was able to slip a low shot between the pads of Lack with 1:08 to play in the second.
Giroux has a nine-game point streak during which he has six goals and 11 assists ... The Flyers continue their six-game road trip in Calgary on Tuesday ... Vancouver hosts Tampa Bay on New Year's Day ... Philadelphia has won eight of its last nine games in Vancouver ... Neither team scored on the power play as Philly had two chances and Vancouver four.
- PHILADELPHIA: 4
Final - 2OT
Dec 31 12:58 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 3
End of OT
Dec 31 12:50 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 3
End of Regulation
Dec 31 12:39 AM
- Philadelphia Goal - Brayden Schenn (8), from Scott Hartnell and Matt Read at 19:13.
Flyers 3, Canucks 3 3rd - 0:47Dec 31 12:38 AM
- Vancouver Goal - Daniel Sedin (13), from Dan Hamhuis at 17:12.
Flyers 2, Canucks 3 3rd - 2:48Dec 31 12:33 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
End of 2nd
Dec 30 11:41 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Claude Giroux (11), from Michael Raffl at 18:52.
Flyers 2, Canucks 2 2nd - 1:08Dec 30 11:40 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Jannik Hansen (8), from Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin at 16:51.
Flyers 1, Canucks 2 2nd - 3:09Dec 30 11:36 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Tom Sestito (3), from Dan Hamhuis and Zac Dalpe at 4:24.
Flyers 1, Canucks 1 2nd - 15:36Dec 30 11:11 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 1
End of 1st
Dec 30 10:44 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Mark Streit (4), at 15:24.
Flyers 1, Canucks 0 1st - 4:36Dec 30 10:36 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 30 10:09 PM
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Capitals set for rare postseason rematch against Penguins Apr 25
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 23
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Apr 23
- Capitals-Flyers Preview Apr 23