Wingels and Sharks take out LightningNov 22, 2013 - 7:49 AM
Brad Stuart, Brent Burns and Patrick Marleau also had goals in San Jose's fourth win in five games. Logan Couture had three assists.
The Sharks have beaten the Lightning five straight times at home by a combined score of 27-7.
Tyler Johnson scored for the Lightning, whose first losing streak of the season reached three games -- all on the road. Anders Lindback gave up five goals on 36 shots.
"My concern is we've given up 15 goals with the goalie in the net in three games," Tampa Bay head coach Jon Cooper said. "If you're going to give up five a game, the chances of you winning are not good and that's been our problem."
Wingels gave the Sharks a 1-0 lead on a snap shot from the left circle 3:39 into the game, and Stuart scored on a slap shot through traffic from the high left side with 1:57 left in the first period to make it 2-0.
"We found a bit of chemistry off the get-go," said Wingels, whose second goal came 11:47 into the second period from the low right side.
Burns was credited with a goal after Scott Hannan's slap shot hit Joe Thornton, then went in off his skate at 4:23 of the third period.
Marleau scored just 19 seconds later, getting behind Lightning defenseman Mark Barberio in the slot after a broken play in the neutral zone. Marleau fanned on his initial try, but corralled the puck on his backhand and slipped the puck into the right side of the net to make it 5-0.
Niemi, who had 12 saves in the first and second periods, saw his bid for a third shutout this season end when Ondrej Palat found Johnson in the slot for a one-timer at 7:39.
The Sharks were 0-for-2 on the power play and the Lightning went 0-for-1 ... Tampa Bay's last win in San Jose came March 24, 2003 ... The Lightning end their road trip Friday at Anaheim ... New Jersey, Los Angeles, St. Louis and Anaheim will also visit the Sharks on their homestand. They play the Devils on Saturday.
- TAMPA BAY: 1
SAN JOSE: 5
Nov 22 1:04 AM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Tyler Johnson (5), from Ondrej Palat at 7:39.
Lightning 1, Sharks 5 3rd - 12:21Nov 22 12:41 AM
- San Jose Goal - Patrick Marleau (11), at 4:42.
Lightning 0, Sharks 5 3rd - 15:18Nov 22 12:33 AM
- San Jose Goal at 4:23.
Lightning 0, Sharks 4 3rd - 15:37Nov 22 12:33 AM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
SAN JOSE: 3
End of 2nd
Nov 22 12:07 AM
- San Jose Goal - Tommy Wingels (7), at 11:47.
Lightning 0, Sharks 3 2nd - 8:13Nov 21 11:54 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
SAN JOSE: 2
End of 1st
Nov 21 11:13 PM
- San Jose Goal - Brad Stuart (2), from Tyler Kennedy at 18:03.
Lightning 0, Sharks 2 1st - 1:57Nov 21 11:09 PM
- San Jose Goal - Logan Couture (9), from Patrick Marleau at 3:39.
Lightning 0, Sharks 1 1st - 16:21Nov 21 10:44 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
SAN JOSE: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 21 10:39 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20