Fire extend unbeaten streak to 10 gamesMay 25, 2009 - 3:17 AM EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey(AP) -- Chris Rolfe scored the lone goal as the Chicago Fire retained its unbeaten record with a 1-0 win over the New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
Rolfe tucked a left-footed shot inside the far post from 16 meters in the waning moments of the first half. The shot started with a long goal kick by Jon Busch. Brian McBride headed the ball back to Logan Pause, who nodded it to Rolfe.
With the win, Chicago claimed sole lead of the Eastern Conference with 18 points, two ahead of D.C. United and Toronto FC. New York, which had its two-game unbeaten streak snapped, remained last in the Eastern Conference with nine points.
NY RED BULLS 0 FINAL
May 24 4:56 PM
NY RED BULLS 0 HALFTIME
May 24 3:56 PM
- MLS UPDATE
NY RED BULLS 0
CHICAGO GOAL: Chris Rolfe in the 44th minute
Fire 1, Red Bulls 0 1st - 44'May 24 3:55 PM
- Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls down NYCFC at Yankee Stadium Jun 29
- Red Bulls, NYCFC set for New York derby Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- New York halts losing skid against nine-man RSL Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- RSL tries to pile more misery on RBNY Jun 23
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- OCSC, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jun 5