for this game

Vancouver scores two in stoppage time to tie K.C.

Apr 3, 2011 - 1:22 AM Vancouver, BC (Sports Network) - Camilo scored twice in stoppage time to lead Vancouver Whitecaps FC back from a three-goal deficit in a 3-3 draw at Empire Field on Saturday against Sporting Kansas City in Major League Soccer.

Teal Bunbury scored twice and Kei Kamara added a goal as Kansas City grabbed a three-goal lead after 62 minutes, but Atiba Harris scored in the 72nd and then Camilo added two goals in a 90-second span to cap the improbable rally.

Vancouver (1-1-1) remained unbeaten at home in its debut season in MLS, adding the draw to its 4-2 win over Toronto FC in its first-ever match.

Sporting (1-1-1), which opens the year on a 10-match road trip, earned another result on the road, but let its second win slip away.

K.C. goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen had four saves in an eight-minute stretch midway through the first to keep K.C. from falling behind, as he denied Camilo twice and Blake Wagner twice.

Bunbury, a Canadian-born member of the U.S. national team, rewarded Nielsen in first-half stoppage time with the opening goal. Bunbury had just curled a shot wide left in the 45th, then curled a nearly identical shot from the right past Whitecaps goalie Jay Nolly from 18 yards in stoppage time.

The 21-year-old Bunbury added his second of the match and third of the season 13 minutes after half, this time accepting a pass from Milos Stojcev before he made a cut to lose Vancouver's Greg Janicki and scored inside the right post.

Kamara added another goal in the 62nd for K.C., when rookie C.J. Sapong sent a cross in from the left wing to the right side of the box, where Kamara slotted a first-time effort back inside the left post for his first of the season.

Vancouver pulled one goal back in the 72nd minute, as Nizar Khalfan drove down the left wing and sent a cross into the middle of the box that Harris directed over the line with his hip from just a couple yards out.

Harris' second goal of the year brought Whitecaps FC to life, but Nielsen made another fine save in the 80th minute to deny a close-range shot from Harris as K.C. held on two its two-goal lead entering the final 10 minutes.

Vancouver pushed everybody forward in the final minutes, and was rewarded when Camilo scored twice in the five added minutes of stoppage time.

Camilo scored his first off a pass from Davide Chiumiento, finishing from just six yards out to leave Nielsen no chance. Khalfan delivered another great pass from the left wing deep in stoppage time, and Camilo headed the ball into the upper-right corner from the middle of the area to cap the rally.

Vancouver returns to action Wednesday when it hosts the New England Revolution and Kansas City is off until April 16 when it visits the Columbus Crew.