Boskovic helps DCU claim third straight winSep 24, 2012 - 1:06 AM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - D.C. United secured its third straight league victory on Sunday, edging Chivas USA in a 1-0 win at RFK Stadium to move into a tie with Red Bull New York for third place in the Eastern Conference.
Scoring chances were at a premium throughout the course of the match, but the home side was able to break the deadlock in the 64th minute as Branko Boskovic bagged his first goal of the season with a diving header off of a cross from Lionard Pajoy.
D.C. (15-10-5) is firmly back in the thick of the playoff picture, going level for third place with New York on 50 points apiece.
Chivas (7-15-7) is winless in its last nine league games, suffering its fifth straight defeat. The Goats have scored just once in their last five league outings.
- CHIVAS USA: 0
D.C. UNITED: 1
Sep 23 8:57 PM
- D.C. United Goal - Boskovic 1 (Pajoy), 64th minute
Chivas USA 0, D.C. United 1 2nd - 65'Sep 23 8:30 PM
- CHIVAS USA: 0
D.C. UNITED: 0
1st Half - 1'
Sep 23 7:07 PM
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Orlando City ready to tangle with DCU at Cirtus Bowl Jun 12
- Giovinco's brace powers TFC past DCU Jun 6
- East rivals clash as TFC battles United Jun 5
- Chicago invades RFK to tangle with DCU Jun 2
- Rolfe strikes late as United edge Union May 30
- Union aim for third straight win against United May 29