Chivas has winless run extended to 13 games by RapidsOct 21, 2012 - 4:30 AM Carson, CA (Sports Network) - Chivas USA saw its winless streak reach 13 games on Saturday as the club slumped to a 2-0 defeat against the Colorado Rapids at The Home Depot Center.
Martin Rivero opened the scoring after 16 minutes and Kamani Hill doubled the advantage shortly before halftime, helping the Rapids to their second win in 10 games.
Both sides came into the fixture having already been eliminated from playoff contention, but it was Colorado that came out strong in the first half and took the game to the Goats.
Tyson Wahl's left-wing cross set up the first goal as Jaime Castrillon flicked the ball on to an open Rivero at the back post, where he beat goalkeeper Tim Melia.
More good play on the wing helped the Rapids extend their lead as Omar Cummings found room on the right to deliver a ball into the area for Hill, who nodded it back across the face of goal and inside the right post.
Chivas had a great chance to cut into the deficit shortly after halftime, but Juan Agudelo failed to turn his header on goal from six yards.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Rapids hope for home success against Timbers May 29
- Rapids roll into Seattle to tangle with Sounders May 26
- Pittinari's goal lifts Rapids past 'Caps May 23
- 'Caps set to face Rapids at DSG Park May 22
- Sporting aims to continue home dominance over Rapids May 15