Noonan leaves it late as L.A. ties FC DallasApr 29, 2012 - 4:54 AM Carson, CA (Sports Network) - Pat Noonan scored two minutes into stoppage time as the Los Angeles Galaxy tied FC Dallas, 1-1, on Saturday at The Home Depot Center to avoid their third home loss this season in Major League Soccer.
Los Angeles split its first four home matches this season and was on the verge of another loss when Chad Barrett played a ball into space for Noonan, who was able to fire past Dallas goalie Chris Seitz for his first goal this season.
Robbie Keane missed a penalty for the Galaxy (3-3-1) early in the second half, and Brek Shea put Dallas (3-3-3) in front when he converted a penalty kick in the 61st minute.
After Barrett headed a David Beckham corner kick high and Juninho drove a shot just over the crossbar in the 89th, Noonan followed with the tying goal at the midway point of four minutes of stoppage time.
Dallas defender Jair Benitez failed to clear out of the box and Barrett played the ball top the top of the area to Noonan, who unleashed a shot past Seitz to deny him his first shutout since 2009.
L.A. had two chances through Landon Donovan to take the lead in the first half but he hit the post in the 10th minute and was denied by Seitz in the 43rd.
Donovan then earned the penalty early in the second half when he was fouled by Benitez, but Keane drilled the penalty wide of the right post with Seitz going the opposite direction.
Galaxy goalie Bill Gaudette, making his first start in over six years, made an important save early in the second half when he got his fingertips on a close- range chance from Blas Perez, but later surrendered the penalty.
Gaudette was forced to haul down Perez after David Junior Lopes tried to play the ball back to his own goalie, and Perez beat Gaudette to the ball. Shea was on target from the spot for his third goal, but Noonan rescued a point late.
FC Dallas, which lost its first three road games, still secured its first road point of the season.
L.A. heads to Seattle Sounders FC on Wednesday for an early Western Conference showdown, and Dallas hosts the Colorado Rapids on May 6 in its next match.
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Galaxy, 'Quakes set for California Clasico Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Keane shines as Los Angeles pummels Portland Jun 25
- Galaxy's Zardes named Player of the Week Jun 23
- West rivals clash as Galaxy host Timbers Jun 23
- Husidic, Zardes help Galaxy smash Union Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Union set to battle Galaxy at StubHub Center Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13