Timbers, Crew play to scoreless draw at Jeld-WenMay 6, 2012 - 5:14 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - The Columbus Crew and Portland Timbers played to a 0-0 draw at Jeld-Wen Field on Saturday, a result that does not do either side any massive favors.
With both clubs reaching eight points on the season, Columbus climbs one spot above the Philadelphia Union to go third from bottom in the East while Portland stays bottom of the West.
Columbus had the better running of the opening period, creating several decent scoring opportunities but failing to beat Portland goalkeeper Troy Perkins.
The second half was much more even, but the two best chances fell to Portland's Kris Boyd, who was unable to provide a telling goal to appease the Timbers Army.
Columbus will look to rebound next Saturday when it hosts FC Dallas at Crew Stadium, but Portland will enjoy a slightly longer layoff as the Timbers return to action at the Houston Dynamo for the grand opening of BBVA Compass Stadium on May 15.
- COLUMBUS: 0
May 6 12:27 AM
- COLUMBUS: 0
1st Half - 1'
May 5 10:37 PM
- Timbers' Adi named Player of the Week Jun 30
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- Columbus earns draw with RSL at Rio Tinto Jun 28
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- Columbus hits the road to face RSL Jun 26
- Keane shines as Los Angeles pummels Portland Jun 25
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- West rivals clash as Galaxy host Timbers Jun 23
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13