Kamara's blast helps Sporting edge TFCAug 18, 2012 - 10:36 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Sporting Kansas City left it late but managed to come away from BMO Field with all three points as Kei Kamara's 83rd-minute blast handed his side a 1-0 win over Toronto FC on Saturday.
With its third league win in a row, Sporting (14-7-4) maintains its first- place position in the Eastern Conference with 46 points on the season.
Scoring chances were at a premium throughout the match, giving Sporting a chance to take advantage of a set-piece opportunity seven minutes from time.
Graham Zusi laid the ball off for the on-rushing Kamara, who unleashed a shot that found its way through the wall and into the back of the net.
Toronto goalkeeper Milos Kocic appeared to be fooled by the flight of the ball as he got his hands to the shot but was unable to keep it out.
After promising run under interim head coach Paul Mariner, Toronto (5-14-5) has hit a rough patch, losing three of its last four league games and taking just one point from a possible 12.
Toronto sits bottom of the East on 20 points.
- SPORTING KANSAS CITY: 1
TORONTO FC: 0
Aug 18 6:30 PM
- Kansas City Goal - Kamara 9 (Zusi), 83rd minute
Sporting Kansas City 1, Toronto FC 0 2nd - 84'Aug 18 6:20 PM
- SPORTING KANSAS CITY: 0
TORONTO FC: 0
1st Half - 1'
Aug 18 4:38 PM
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Garcia leaves it late as RSL edges SKC Jun 22
- Villa's brace propels NYC past TFC Jun 20
- RSL tries to slow streaking Sporting Jun 19
- TFC, NYC aim to continue winning ways Jun 19
- TFC's Giovinco claims second straight Player of the Week honor Jun 9
- Feilhaber powers Sporting past Sounders Jun 6