Conde spoils De Rosario's historic nightAug 30, 2012 - 2:00 AM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - Dwayne De Rosario enjoyed a memorable night at RFK Stadium on Wednesday, scoring his 100th MLS goal and providing an assist.
But it did not come in a winning match as Wilman Conde's sublime strike two minutes from time helped Red Bull New York claim a point in a 2-2 draw with D.C. United.
Joel Lindpere had given the visiting Red Bulls the lead, but De Rosario lit up his former team by helping Nick DeLeon bag the equalizer shortly after.
The Canadian international hit the century mark in the 68th minute to put D.C. in the driver's seat, but Conde's late goal prevented the home side from climbing into third place in the Eastern Conference.
D.C. (12-9-5) moves into a tie with the Chicago Fire for fourth place on 41 points apiece. New York (13-7-7) remains in second where it sits five points clear of United.
Lindpere put the visitors in front in the 19th minute when he latched on to Thierry Henry's through ball and smashed a shot past Bill Hamid at the near post.
The lead was short-lived though, as DeLeon powered a one-time volley off of a cross from De Rosario two minutes later.
D.C. was made to wait until the second half for De Rosario's historic goal, but the reward worth it as the talisman finally achieved his long-awaited milestone.
Gaudette came off his line to try and claim a loose aerial ball, but De Rosario got there first as his header found its way into the back of the net.
But there was late drama in store for the RFK faithful as Conde hammered a one-time volley with his weaker right foot into the upper corner, helping New York come away with a point.
- NEW YORK: 2
D.C. UNITED: 2
Aug 29 9:54 PM
- New York Goal - Conde 1 (unassisted), 88th minute
Red Bulls 2, D.C. United 2 2nd - 87'Aug 29 9:52 PM
- D.C. United Goal - De Rosario 7 (DeLeon), 68th minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 2 2nd - 69'Aug 29 9:32 PM
- D.C. United Goal - DeLeon 5 (De Rosario), 21st minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 1 1st - 23'Aug 29 8:30 PM
- New York Goal - Lindpere 4 (Henry), 19th minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 0 1st - 20'Aug 29 8:28 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
D.C. UNITED: 0
1st Half - 1'
Aug 29 8:06 PM
- Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls down NYCFC at Yankee Stadium Jun 29
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Red Bulls, NYCFC set for New York derby Jun 26
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- New York halts losing skid against nine-man RSL Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- RSL tries to pile more misery on RBNY Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19