Williams helps Union salvage a point vs. TFCSep 15, 2012 - 7:08 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Sheanon Williams picked a fine time to produce his first goal of the season as he scored in the 85th minute to earn the Philadelphia Union a point in a 1-1 draw Toronto FC on Saturday.
Eric Hassli had given the home side the advantage when he slotted home a pass from Luis Silva in the 58th minute.
Toronto looked to be on its way to a rare victory only to concede a late goal like it has countless times over the course of the season.
Antoine Hoppenot collected a pass from Roger Torres on the right flank and slid a nifty ball across the face of goal where Williams was waiting to tuck home the easy chance.
The two sides remain separated by five points at the bottom of the Eastern Conference as Toronto (5-17-7) stays in the cellar on 22 points while Philadelphia (7-13-6) looks all but certain to miss the postseason with 27 points through 26 games.
- Edu saves point for Union in draw with Impact Jun 27
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Union ready to tangle with Impact at PPL Jun 26
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Sapong's goal lifts Union past Sounders Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Union set for stern test against Sounders Jun 23
- Husidic, Zardes help Galaxy smash Union Jun 21
- Villa's brace propels NYC past TFC Jun 20
- Union set to battle Galaxy at StubHub Center Jun 19
- TFC, NYC aim to continue winning ways Jun 19