Los Angeles ties Colorado to extend unbeaten runOct 1, 2012 - 1:24 AM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Galaxy traded early goals with the Colorado Rapids on Sunday night as they extended their undefeated run to seven matches with a 1-1 draw at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in MLS.
Marcelo Sarvas scored in the 10th minute for Los Angeles and Jaime Castrillon responded six minutes later, and the score held as neither side created a goal the rest of the way.
The Galaxy (15-11-5) slipped two points behind Real Salt Lake for second place in the Western Conference, while the Rapids (9-18-4) moved within eight points of the final playoff berth with just three matches remaining.
Sarvas gave Los Angeles the early lead when he ran onto a deflected shot from Robbie Keane just outside the area and drove a shot into the upper-left corner to leave Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens no chance to make a save.
Colorado pulled level six minutes later as Conor Casey and Hunter Freeman were able to orchestrate a build-up that set up Castrillon for a first-time finish from the middle of the area for his team-high eighth goal.
The Rapids close the year with games against the San Jose Earthquakes, Chivas USA and the Houston Dynamo, and need to win all three to have any shot to make the postseason.
The Galaxy host Real next weekend in a clash for second place and finish their schedule with matches against San Jose and Seattle Sounders FC.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Galaxy, 'Quakes set for California Clasico Jun 26
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Keane shines as Los Angeles pummels Portland Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Galaxy's Zardes named Player of the Week Jun 23
- West rivals clash as Galaxy host Timbers Jun 23
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Husidic, Zardes help Galaxy smash Union Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Union set to battle Galaxy at StubHub Center Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18