Morrow's strike earns draw for San Jose in ColumbusMar 16, 2013 - 11:34 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - It came a little earlier than usual, but the San Jose Earthquakes netted a 73rd-minute equalizer at Crew Stadium to earn a 1-1 draw with Columbus on Saturday.
After scoring two goals in the final 10 minutes to beat Red Bull New York last weekend, San Jose fell behind in the 68th minute to a goal from Glauber.
But Justin Morrow scored his second career goal five minutes later to claim a point on the road for last season's Supporters' Shield winners.
Chris Wondolowski had the best chance in the first half for the 'Quakes, but his left-footed effort was kept out by Crew goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum.
Jon Busch also had to be sharp in the 36th minute in the San Jose net as he reacted well to parry a close-range shot from Dominic Oduro.
Wondolowski had a shot cleared off the goal line by Chad Marshall, and it was another defender for the Crew who put them in front.
Federico Higuain's corner kick was played to the near post in the 68th minute and Glauber found himself free to send a diving header past Busch.
But as they did so many times last season, the Earthquakes came from a losing position to collect a point when Ramiro Corrales played a ball wide to Morrow on the left wing, allowing him to dribble toward the penalty area and hammer a shot inside the far post beyond the reach of Gruenebaum.
- SAN JOSE: 1
Mar 16 7:29 PM
- San Jose Goal - Morrow 1 (Corrales), 73rd minute
Earthquakes 1, Crew SC 1 2nd - 75'Mar 16 7:13 PM
- Columbus Goal - Glauber 1 (Higuain), 68th minute
Earthquakes 0, Crew SC 1 2nd - 70'Mar 16 7:06 PM
- SAN JOSE: 0
Mar 16 6:24 PM
- SAN JOSE: 0
1st Half - 1'
Mar 16 5:40 PM
- Columbus earns draw with RSL at Rio Tinto Jun 28
- Galaxy, 'Quakes set for California Clasico Jun 26
- Columbus hits the road to face RSL Jun 26
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- San Jose doubles up on Sounders Jun 20
- Sounders on the hunt for 2nd straight win against 'Quakes Jun 19
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13
- Crew SC, Galaxy square off at Mapfre Stadium Jun 12
- Montreal holds off Crew for first road win Jun 6
- Dallas eyes turnaround at San Jose Jun 5
- Impact aim to end road troubles in Columbus Jun 5