Manneh sparks rally as 'Caps claim draw with DallasApr 28, 2013 - 12:11 AM Vancouver, BC (Sports Network) - Kekuta Manneh made quite an impression for Vancouver Whitecaps FC as he came off the bench to tally a goal and an assist in a 2-2 draw with FC Dallas at BC Place on Saturday.
Dallas secured a 2-0 win in Texas last weekend in a meeting between the two teams, and it looked like a similar result was in the cards as an Andy O'Brien first-half own goal was followed by a Matt Hedges strike early in the second half to put the Hoops up, 2-0.
But Manneh sparked a rally by scoring his first goal in the 72nd and then setting up the equalizer for Camilo.
The Whitecaps have earned only three points from their last six games, but the result was a good one for the home side after going down two goals.
Dallas also had Jackson sent off in the 78th minute, but still managed to hold on for a draw, leaving the team with a record of 5-0-2 in its last seven contests.
The opener arrived from a corner kick in the ninth minute as Michel swung the ball into the six-yard box, where O'Brien redirected it into his own net while under pressure from forward Kenny Cooper.
Dallas doubled its advantage two minutes into the second half from another set piece as Michel's free kick was headed into the box, where Hedges beat goalkeeper Joe Cannon to the ball and volleyed it home.
But the Whitecaps started to respond a few minutes later when Darren Mattocks struck the post.
Manneh then tallied his first goal after Raul Fernandez saved Camilo's shot, allowing the 18-year-old to score on the rebound.
The rookie was at it again a few minutes later when he made his way down the left wing and pulled the ball back for Camilo, whose first-time shot took a deflection on its way past Fernandez.
Jackson was sent off a few minutes later, capping a disastrous stretch for the visitors, and Vancouver nearly stole all three points when Fernandez spilled a shot from Manneh, only for Mattocks to fire wide from six yards on the rebound.
- FC DALLAS: 2
VANCOUVER FC: 2
Apr 27 8:02 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Camilo 3 (Manneh), 75th minute
FC Dallas 2, Whitecaps FC 2 2nd - 80'Apr 27 7:47 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Manneh 1 (Heinemann), 72nd minute
FC Dallas 2, Whitecaps FC 1 2nd - 75'Apr 27 7:45 PM
- Dallas Goal - Hedges 2 (unassisted), 47th minute
FC Dallas 2, Whitecaps FC 0 2nd - 50'Apr 27 7:19 PM
- FC DALLAS: 1
VANCOUVER FC: 0
Apr 27 6:58 PM
- Dallas Goal - Cooper 2 (Michel), 10th minute
FC Dallas 1, Whitecaps FC 0 1st - 12'Apr 27 6:20 PM
- FC DALLAS: 0
VANCOUVER FC: 0
1st Half - 1'
Apr 27 6:08 PM
- 'Caps ease past Revs at Gillette Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- 'Caps continue road trip in New England Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- West foes clash as Sounders host FCD at CenturyLink Jun 12
- Manneh's strike sends 'Caps past Galaxy Jun 7
- Dallas eyes turnaround at San Jose Jun 5