Rolfe nets brace as Fire rout UnitedJul 21, 2013 - 2:41 AM Bridgeview, IL (Sports Network) - Chris Rolfe netted a first-half brace on Saturday as the Chicago Fire routed D.C. United by a 4-1 score at Toyota Park.
Joel Lindpere scored and added a pair of assists, while Mike Magee also found the back of the net for the Fire, who moved into seventh place in the Eastern Conference with the result -- one point ahead of the struggling Columbus Crew.
Luis Silva collected the only tally of the night for D.C. United -- their first goal from open play over their last 805 minutes of action -- but United remain firmly rooted to the foot of the East with just 10 points.
The Fire needed just two minutes to open the scoring when Lindpere lofted a nice ball over the top to Rolfe, who easily touched it past an out-of-position Joe Willis for his first of the match.
Nine minutes later, Lindpere ripped a shot past Willis for a quick two-goal lead and Rolfe capped an explosive first half with his second goal of the night at the stroke of halftime.
Chicago wrapped up an excellent performance in the 56th minute when Quincy Amarikwa was taken down in the box and Mike Magee dispatched the spot kick for an insurmountable margin.
United finally broke through two minutes later when Silva smashed one into the top right corner, but it was too little, too late as Chicago coasted to the victory.
- D.C. UNITED: 1
Jul 20 10:29 PM
- D.C. United Goal - Silva 1 (Kitchen), 58th minute
D.C. United 1, Fire 4 2nd - 62'Jul 20 9:57 PM
- Chicago Goal - Magee 9 (PK), 56th minute
D.C. United 0, Fire 4 2nd - 57'Jul 20 9:53 PM
- D.C. UNITED: 0
Jul 20 9:28 PM
- Chicago Goal - Rolfe 4 (Lindpere), 45th minute
D.C. United 0, Fire 3 1st - 44'Jul 20 9:28 PM
- Chicago Goal - Lindpere 3 (unassisted), 11th minute
D.C. United 0, Fire 2 1st - 15'Jul 20 8:53 PM
- Chicago Goal - Rolfe 3 (Lindpere), 2nd minute
D.C. United 0, Fire 1 1st - 5'Jul 20 8:43 PM
- D.C. UNITED: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jul 20 8:41 PM
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Orlando City ready to tangle with DCU at Cirtus Bowl Jun 12
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- Giovinco's brace powers TFC past DCU Jun 6
- OCSC, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jun 5