Timbers, Whitecaps share the points at Jeld-WenAug 4, 2013 - 5:11 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - Jordan Harvey's 69th-minute goal helped Vancouver Whitecaps FC snatch a 1-1 draw at Cascadia Cup rivals Portland on Saturday at Jeld-Wen Field.
The Timbers had the best chance in a first half that lacked goalmouth action but not energy.
Pa-Modou Kah was handed the opportunity in the 44th minute with a close-range header that failed to find the target.
Portland got off to a better start in the second half when Diego Valeri took a pass on the wing and delivered a nice cross into the penalty area that Ryan Johnson got up to head past Vancouver goalkeeper David Ousted, who was making his first MLS start.
It took 20 minutes, but the Whitecaps responded from a corner kick with Camilo driving the ball to the near post for Harvey to turn home with his head.
The best chance for either side to claim three points arrived 12 minutes from time as Kah had the ball in the net following a corner kick, however he was ruled to be in an offside position.
- VANCOUVER FC: 1
Aug 4 1:04 AM
- Vancouver Goal - Harvey 2 (Camilo), 69th minute
Whitecaps FC 1, Timbers 1 2nd - 70'Aug 4 12:41 AM
- Portland Goal - Ryan Johnson 7 (Valeri), 49th minute
Whitecaps FC 0, Timbers 1 2nd - 51'Aug 4 12:21 AM
- VANCOUVER FC: 0
Aug 4 12:01 AM
- VANCOUVER FC: 0
1st Half - 1'
Aug 3 11:11 PM
- Timbers' Adi named Player of the Week Jun 30
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- 'Caps ease past Revs at Gillette Jun 27
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- 'Caps continue road trip in New England Jun 26
- Keane shines as Los Angeles pummels Portland Jun 25
- West rivals clash as Galaxy host Timbers Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- Manneh's strike sends 'Caps past Galaxy Jun 7