Twellman lifts Revolution past UnitedOct 8, 2006 - 5:11 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Taylor Twellman and the New England Revolution were not fazed by facing the league's leading team on its turf.
Twellman scored two minutes after halftime as the Revolution rallied for a 2-1 victory over D.C. United.
Coupled with the Chicago Fire's 4-1 loss to the Columbus Crew, New England (11-8-12) moved into second place in the Eastern Conference.
United (15-6-10), which lost back-to-back games for the first time this season, took the lead on Christian Gomez's goal in the 26th minute.
Clint Dempsey tied the contest eight minutes later before Twellman's 75th career goal gave the visitors the lead for good.
- 'Caps ease past Revs at Gillette Jun 27
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- 'Caps continue road trip in New England Jun 26
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Orlando City ready to tangle with DCU at Cirtus Bowl Jun 12