Adams leads fourth-quarter charge for Silver StarsJul 15, 2011 - 3:52 AM Seattle Storm.
The Silver Stars got all their 25 points from their bench in that last quarter, snapping a three-game skid. Danielle Robinson notched half of her 12 points in the last quarter, while Jayne Appel accounted for the other four in the period, as the Silver Stars snapped a six-game skid to the defending WNBA champions.
Tanisha Wright scored 18 and Swin Cash added 13 for the Storm, who shot just 39.7 percent from the field.
Adams mopped up a missed layup from Becky Hammon and scored while being fouled with 28.7 seconds left. The made free throw accounted for a 65-62 margin.
Katie Smith's jumper had the visitors within a point, but Robinson made two from the line. A layup from Wright with 2.2 seconds left again made it a one- point margin, but again Robinson sank two from the charity stripe to account for the final difference.
- SEATTLE: 66
SAN ANTONIO: 69
Jul 14 11:15 PM
- SEATTLE: 23
SAN ANTONIO: 32
Jul 14 9:55 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 14 9:07 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14