Dream hold off SkyAug 24, 2011 - 2:34 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry poured in 22 points and grabbed seven rebounds to help the Atlanta Dream hold off the Chicago Sky, 83-80.
Lindsey Harding added 15 points and nine assists for the Dream, who have won four of five. Erika de Souza and Sancho Lyttle donated 13 and 12 points, respectively.
Sylvia Fowles finished with 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Sky, who saw a two-game winning streak come to an end. Fowles tallied nine defensive boards to become the all-time leader for Chicago in that category. Candice Dupree held the previous mark (693).
Shay Murphy and Cathrine Kraayeveld had 16 and 13 points, respectively, in defeat. Epiphanny Prince had 12 points and five steals. She set the Sky record for steals in a season.
- ATLANTA: 83
Aug 23 10:08 PM
- ATLANTA: 40
Aug 23 8:56 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 23 8:16 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25