Dream hand Liberty another lossMay 26, 2012 - 1:45 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry had 23 points, seven assists, six steals and five rebounds, as the Atlanta Dream opened the home portion of their schedule with a 100-74 victory over the New York Liberty.
Lindsey Harding added 19 points and five boards for the Dream, who bounced back from Saturday's loss to Indiana. Yelena Leuchanka tallied 10 points and seven rebounds.
Cappie Pondexter ended with 18 points and five assists for the Liberty, who are off to an 0-4 start for the first time since 2006. Essence Carson donated 15 points.
Ahead by two, 18-16, with 2:58 left in the first quarter, the Dream finished the frame on a 10-2 run. McCoughtry tallied six points during the flurry, including a layup with 1:04 remaining to make it 28-18.
Atlanta built a 15-point margin in the second period and never looked back.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22