Fever overwhelm LibertyJun 3, 2012 - 1:47 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings totaled 16 points and Roneeka Hodges added 15 as Indiana routed New York, 91-68.
Jeanette Pohlen had 12 points and Katie Douglas contributed 11 for the Fever, who remain atop the Eastern Conference with a 4-0 record.
Indiana, which matched its best start in team history, tied the franchise record for three-pointers made in a game, going 13-of-26 from beyond the arc.
Plenette Pierson's game-high 24 points and six rebounds wasn't enough for the Liberty, who have opened the year with five straight losses.
The difference in the contest was made in the second quarter, claimed by Indiana with 29 points to 16 for New York. The Liberty also scored just seven points in the fourth.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22