Lawson, balanced Sun beat FeverJun 9, 2012 - 1:17 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson scored 18 points Friday and the Connecticut Sun beat the Indiana Fever, 89-81.
Tina Charles added 12 points and 14 rebounds as seven Sun scorers finished in double digits, pushing the team's record to 5-1 after a second straight win.
Asjha Jones and Mistie Mims also scored 12 while Renee Montgomery added 11 points and Danielle McCray and Tan White both had 10. Jones chipped in 12 rebounds for the Sun, who took control with a 26-13 third quarter after an up- and-down first half.
Tamika Catchings had 31 points and Katie Douglas scored 23 to lead the Fever, who have dropped two in a row after opening the season with four consecutive wins.
Douglas scored 13 of her 23 points in a big second quarter and Indiana blew a 47-41 halftime lead.
- CONNECTICUT: 89
Jun 8 9:02 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 41
Jun 8 7:55 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 8 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8