Silver Stars roll over StormJun 10, 2012 - 2:18 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams led a balanced attack with 13 points as the San Antonio Silver Stars rolled over the Seattle Storm, 80-67, on Saturday.
Sophia Young and Ziomara Morrison added 12 points apiece, Danielle Robinson contributed 11 points and Shenise Johnson dropped in 10 for the Silver Stars, who snapped a two-game slide.
Shekinna Stricklen scored a game-high 14 points to go along with eight rebounds, while Camille Little and Tina Thompson each had 10 points in Seattle's third straight loss.
San Antonio controlled the game from the start, connecting on 9-of-11 shots in the first quarter while Seattle shot 4-for-16 from the floor, including a 1- for-8 mark from three-point range, to run out to a 23-10 lead after one.
The Storm never seriously threatened from there, trailing by as much as 21 on Jia Perkins' runner midway through the fourth quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14