Lynx dominate LibertyJun 22, 2012 - 3:02 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus had 26 points and eight assists as the Minnesota Lynx bounced back from their first loss of the season with a 102-70 rout of the New York Liberty.
Minnesota had set a WNBA record with their 10th straight win against Phoenix last Friday, but then dropped a game to Seattle on Sunday.
Thursday, though, saw the Lynx get 18 points for Devereaux Peters, 15 points from Rebekkah Brunson and 12 points and 10 rebounds from Maya Moore. The Lynx outscored the Liberty 57-28 in the second half.
Cappie Pondexter posted 30 points and five assists while Nicole Powell added 16 points for the Liberty, who have dropped three of four.
Minnesota held a comfortable 80-63 lead coming into the fourth quarter, and held New York to just seven points over the final 10 minutes.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27