Fever hold on to top ShockJun 24, 2012 - 2:47 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings poured in 16 points to go with eight rebounds and four assists on Saturday and the Indiana Fever held on for a 73-70 victory over the Tulsa Shock at BOK Center.
Katie Douglas scored 14 points and grabbed five boards and Briann January added 13 points for the Fever, who have won two straight games. Erin Phillips donated 10 points off the bench in the victory.
Glory Johnson put home a game-high 22 points and pulled down five rebounds, while Temeka Johnson netted 17 points, but it wasn't enough for the Shock, who have lost two straight and fell to 1-11 on the season.
Trailing by eight entering the fourth quarter, the Shock picked up their game in the final frame as a pair of Johnson free throws pulled Tulsa even at 67-67 with 53.5 seconds left.
Indiana's Tammy Sutton-Brown was fouled shortly thereafter and made 1-of-2 free throws. Catchings grabbed the rebound when Sutton-Brown missed her second try, and Phillips buried a three with 16.4 seconds to go.
Temeka Johnson sank a three for the Shock with 11.7 seconds left to cut the deficit to one, but Catchings calmly drained two free throws and Ivory Latta missed a potential tying three-pointer just before the buzzer.
- INDIANA: 73
Jun 23 10:21 PM
- INDIANA: 33
Jun 23 9:01 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 23 8:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8