Lynx roll past MercuryJun 28, 2012 - 2:54 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson and Taj McWilliams- Franklin each recorded a double-double to lead the Minnesota Lynx past the Phoenix Mercury, 96-80, on Wednesday.
Brunson finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds while McWilliams-Franklin had 13 points and 11 boards for the Lynx, who recorded their 14th straight victory at home.
Seimone Augustus added 16 points, Maya Moore had 15 and Monica Wright 13 in the victory.
DeWanna Bonner netted 23 points and Samantha Prahalis dropped in 20 in defeat for Phoenix, which dropped five consecutive road contests for the first time since June 1-29, 2010.
Minnesota held a 51-45 lead at the break after a back-and-forth first half that saw nine lead changes and two ties, and then opened the third quarter with an 11-2 run.
Phoenix closed out the third with a 15-8 swing to close its deficit to 70-62, but got no closer than that as the Lynx cruised through the fourth quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25