Sun down LynxJul 8, 2012 - 2:39 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson had 22 points and 10 rebounds on Saturday, helping the Connecticut Sun to an 86-80 victory over the Minnesota Lynx.
Tina Charles added 19 points and 15 boards while Asjha Jones scored 16 and pulled down 11 rebounds for the Sun, who improved to 12-4 on the season.
The Lynx were paced by Maya Moore's 19 points. Taj McWilliams-Franklin scored 15 and Seimone Augustus had 14 in the setback.
Connecticut held a 41-38 lead at the half, then used a dominant third quarter to establish a comfortable and decisive advantage.
Lawson led the charge with a balanced effort, pouring in 10 third quarter points on a pair of three-pointers and a 4-of-4 effort from the charity stripe.
The Sun built their advantage to 16 in the quarter and never trailed in the fourth.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14