Dream down Mercury in 2OTJul 8, 2012 - 5:54 AM Atlanta Dream outlasted the Phoenix Mercury, 100-93, in double overtime.
Tiffany Hayes added 23 points and Aneika Henry had 12 for the Dream, who improved to 8-8 on the season.
Lyttle also grabbed 10 rebounds in a game which saw 11 ties and eight lead changes.
DeWanna Bonner had 27 points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Mercury, who saw all five starters score in double figures, but got just eight points from their bench.
Phoenix scored a season-low 14 first quarter points, but Atlanta failed to take advantage, setting the tone for a back-and-forth affair.
It was 16-14 after the first and the Mercury held a 56-55 lead entering the fourth courtesy of 24 points from Bonner, who nailed trey with 16.1 seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime.
Neither team gained a significant edge in the initial OT, but the Dream opened the second overtime with an 11-2 run, led by five points from Lyttle, to pull away.
- ATLANTA: 100
Final - 2OT
Jul 8 12:30 AM
- ATLANTA: 33
Jul 7 10:54 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 7 10:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11