Silver Stars beat Dream for 9th straight winJul 14, 2012 - 3:00 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins scored 21 points off the bench and the San Antonio Silver Stars beat the Atlanta Dream, 91-70, on Friday to head into the Olympic break on a nine-game winning streak.
Becky Hammon added 15 points while Sophia Young, Danielle Robinson and Shenise Johnson scored 12 apiece for the Silver Stars, who haven't lost a game since June 22.
Sancho Lyttle had 21 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Dream, who have lost three of five.
Silver Stars forward Angel McCoughtry is on the U.S. women's Olympic team and didn't play Friday.
Both teams are off until Aug. 17, when San Antonio will play Tulsa and Atlanta will face Chicago.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2