Storm send Mercury to 7th straight lossAug 17, 2012 - 4:22 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Camille Little scored 17 points on Thursday and the Seattle Storm returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with a 72-58 win over the Phoenix Mercury.
Tanisha Wright added 10 points and eight assists while Shekinna Stricklen scored nine off the bench for the Storm, who have won nine of their last 12 games to reach .500 (10-10).
Sue Bird returned from London after winning her third goal medal and saw limited action in the win, scoring just two points in a little over 10 minutes.
Samantha Prahalis scored 15 points to pace the Mercury, who tied a franchise- high with their seventh consecutive loss. The last time they dropped seven straight was in 2003.
Alexis Hornbuckle finished with 12 points while Diana Taurasi, who averaged a team-high 12.4 points per game for the U.S. in London, sat out with a strained left hip flexor.
The Storm led the entire second half and pushed their advantage to 18 in the runaway fourth quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14