Minnesota prevails in overtimeAug 29, 2012 - 2:21 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - After watching a six-point lead disappear in the final three minutes of regulation, the Minnesota Lynx recovered in overtime to beat the San Antonio Silver Stars, 96-84.
All five Minnesota starters scored in double digits, with Seimone Augustus and Taj McWilliams-Franklin leading the way with 19 apiece. Rebekkah Brunson added 17 points and a game-high 20 rebounds, while Lindsay Whalen had 15 points and eight assists and Maya Moore dropped in 14.
Sophia Young and Jia Perkins led San Antonio with 19 points, as the Silver Stars lost two out of their last three games on the heels of a 12-game winning streak.
San Antonio grabbed a two-point lead in the last two minutes, but Moore knocked down a jumper with 1:07 remaining to send the game to overtime tied at 79.
Minnesota cruised in the extra session, opening up a lead as large as 14 and outscoring San Antonio 17-5 en route to its seventh straight win.
- SAN ANTONIO: 84
Final - OT
Aug 28 10:07 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 36
Aug 28 8:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 28 8:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14