Catchings leads Fever past LibertyAug 31, 2012 - 1:17 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored a game-high 22 points to pace the Indiana Fever to a 76-63 win over the New York Liberty on Thursday night.
Katie Douglas added 15 points and Shavonte Zellous chipped in with 11 for the Fever, who have won six of their last seven.
Cappie Pondexter scored 18 and pulled down eight rebounds and Essence Carson donated 18 points off the bench for the Liberty, who have dropped three straight.
Indiana led by three entering the fourth quarter, but outscored New York, 27-17, over the final 10 minutes to seal the win. The Fever knocked down 3- of-5 from beyond the arc in the fourth and finished the quarter shooting 62.5 percent.
- INDIANA: 76
NEW YORK: 63
Aug 30 8:56 PM
- INDIANA: 30
NEW YORK: 26
Aug 30 7:54 PM
- INDIANA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 7:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22