Mercury halt slide with win over StormAug 31, 2012 - 4:51 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - DeWanna Bonner scored a game-high 24 points on Thursday and the Phoenix Mercury defeated the Seattle Storm, 75-68, at Key Arena.
Samantha Prahalis added 16 points and Diana Taurasi chipped in 13 points for the Mercury, who halted a 10-game losing streak.
Camille Little paced the Storm with 11 points while Tanisha Wright and Tina Thompson added 10 points apiece. Three-time MVP Lauren Jackson had just six points on 2-of-8 shooting.
The game was tied at 54 entering the fourth quarter, but Phoenix seized control behind seven points from Prahalis to snap it's double-digit slide.
Seattle shot just 27.8 percent in the final quarter.
- PHOENIX: 75
Aug 30 11:59 PM
- PHOENIX: 36
Aug 30 10:51 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 10:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14