Harding, Dream defeat FeverSep 6, 2012 - 1:25 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Lindsay Harding shot 7-of-15 from the field, pouring in 20 points, helping the Atlanta Dream defeat the Indiana Fever, 71-64.
The Dream, winners of six in their last nine, got double-digit scoring contributions from Angel McCoughtry, Sancho Lyttle and Tiffany Hayes.
McCoughtry dropped in 15 points, Lyttle scored 10 and Hayes put forth 12 points.
Indiana lost for just the second time in their last nine games. Katie Douglas was their top scorer, draining 7-of-16 shots from the field, including 5-of-11 from three-point range. She finished with 23 points.
Both teams will play on Friday, Sept. 7. The Dream will travel to Minnesota on to take on the first place Lynx while the Fever will travel to San Antonio to face the Stars.
- INDIANA: 64
Sep 5 9:03 PM
- INDIANA: 32
Sep 5 7:55 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 5 7:14 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27